Review by PsYcOpInE

"Great Old School Play!!!"

Ok, this is my third review (THPS2 and Chrono Cross were my first) and I’ve decided to go back to old school. When I was just a wee lad, my parents introduced me to video-games when they bought me a Sega Genises. I was around five or six, and it came with Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I spent a good portion of that year playing that game. Me and my step dad would play two player ( as i constantly shouted ‘Down-B.Down-B!!’ to him) and I spent a lot of time playing regular mode. I loved it. I have beaten that game around 6 or 7 years ago but I am still playing video games. I was looking over gameFAQs site and the reviews. I remembered my first system and checked out my first game on it. This is my review on it.

GAMEPLAY-9.5
This game has so many levels that it amazing. They get a bit harder slowly but it is great. I jumped, spinned and raced through levels bashing baddies, collecting rings and running loops. More gameplay in this then alot of modern games. The down-side, now save system, you will have to leave your system on for a while (or maybe overnight) if you wanna beat this game.

STORY-5
There is a slight story to this game but it is a action/sidescrolling game so this will not affect my final grade. Apparrently Dr. Robotnik stole a Chaos Emerald and is creating a doomsday device that turns everyone into robots. The emerald is going to power this monstosity.

GRAPHICS-10
Your probibly thinking ‘This game is on the Sega Genises, how can it have great graphics?’, well, when this first came out theese were the best graphics. Also, this is as good as it gets on the Genises.

SOUND-10
This game has simple btu fun, lighthearted tunes that will keep you humming them for days after you stop playing the game. The sound effects are fun and nice. Great by the standereds back then.

REPLAYABILITY-8
This has good two-player action and you will most likely pick this up to play through it one more time.

BUY OR RENT-your choice
This one is an iffy. You could most likely beat this game and enjoy it over a weekend but it is a classic that no gamer should be without. IT is entirely your choice.

Thats it, I hope you enjoy the game and look for some more reviews from me and maybe (gasp!!) a FAQ/Walkthrough!!! Stay in touch yall and Drink Milk!!!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/06/00, Updated 11/06/00