Review by NESMaster

"First Genesis game I got."

Sonic 2 is the first Genesis game I ever got. But not the first one I played! The first one I played was Sonic the Hedgehog. In Sonic 2, they added the very useful Spin Dash. Even today, I play it. As my NES, I got my Genesis on Christmas. What I don't know, is why Sonic two came with the console, why did Sonic 1 not come with it? It does not matter, I got that game for cheap. I think old classics should be worth a lot more. Like Nintendo, Sega also makes sure games will please hard core gamers. Now, I have to explain my review in 400 words minimum. It will probably be easy, because it is a good game! Let me tell you one last thing before I get to my review, this game will not let you down. It pleased me, it would please you. If you have not tried it yet, ask a person you know if you can try it!

I don't know how i'm going to do this? Here it goes, 400 words!!!

Graphics 10/10:Some of the best Graphics!!! The graphics look like the Super NES. Though they have not changed sice the first sonic game, they are still good. That is why a lot of people say this is a bad game. I say, graphics don't matter. As long as it has good Game Play. Which is coming up next!

Game Play 10/10:Very easy to control. There is no sliding when you press the opposite button to stop. He is also easy to control when he is fast too. I can't complain.

Music/sound 10/10:I can explain in just a couple of words! But gamefaqs won't except under 400 words, I wish it was 300 words. I like a game with good music. And this game will not let anyone down in Music. Even though some people don't think that music makes up a game, I think it gives each level the mood. Without music, games would be boring.

Replay Value 10/10:Always fun to play. It is very hard to get tired of on of Segas best side scrolling series. Sonic 2 can be viewed as one Genesis Classics.

Challenge 5/10:Okay, this was hard of what mark to give challenge. The only challenge is the bonus level. But for some reason, it is easier with Knuckles. When you connect Sonic 2 with Knuckles.

Over All 10/10:This is a great game. I guess I did it!!!! 400 words!!!! I guess it was not that hard. Back to the conclusion. I think this game is worth it. If you can get your hands on this game, buy it. These days, it is really cheap. That is all I have to say.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/22/01, Updated 08/22/01