Review by Aristotle

"A classic Sonic game, introduces a new character!"

Sonic and Knuckles is an excellent game in all manners. Every single thing I love abut this game is covered by the reviews, so read on to hear what I think about Sonic and Knuckles.

GRAPHICS: Great, no doubt about it. No NFL2K, but very detailed, as detailed as Genesis can be, and I love when Knuckles is gliding through the air, not to mention Sonic's shield. The game also features a very good framerate, so the graphics all flow together smoothly, not choppily. And what the graphics don't have, the sound and music more than makes up for it.

SOUND/MUSIC: Great, but not as good as the graphics. Unlike most other games, the music doesn't become tediously annoying as quick. There are separate soundtracks for each and every level (check out the Lava Reef's music!), all of which are unique in their own way. The sound is pretty cool, but can get pretty annoying and boring after a relatively short time compared to the music. However, I don't really notice either of them because I'm too engrossed in the gameplay and controls :-)

STORY: Top notch. In Knuckles' story, Robotnik steals the Master Emerald holding up the Floating Island, and Knuckles, being the excellent guardian that he is, must get it back and save the world from EggBelly. In Sonic, Robotnik is capturing his friends while up to no good, trying to dominate the world, and Sonic, being the great hedgehog that he is, goes and saves the world from him. Excellent.

CONTROLS: Simple and effective. Three different buttons jump, so you can use whichever one works best for you, and of course, you have your directional pad for moving Sonic or Knuckles. Press one of the Jump buttons twice in a row and Sonic will do his Shield, and Knuckles will glide and/or grab onto a wall.

DIFFICULTY: Not that difficult, which is pretty cool. Seven or eight levels, all consisting of two separate levels provide extremely engrossing gameplay. Only a few cheat codes, however, and that sometimes takes away from the fun factor for those video game challenged ;-)

Reviews:

GRAPHICS: 10/10

SOUND/MUSIC: 9/10

STORY: 9/10

DIFFICULTY: 10/10

CONTROLS: 10/10

FINAL THOUGHT: BUY THIS GREAT GAME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! Everyone will enjoy it, all ages. Doesn't cost that much either, only anywhere from $5 to $20.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/13/00, Updated 01/13/00