Review by Jimmy Jervis

"Birds?"

When I first played this game, I thought it was okay, but after a few minutes I realized this game is pretty awful. Let's find out why.

This is horrible, you run around saving birds called Flickies that were turned into evil robots, then you have to throw them into a giant ring at the end of each stage. Since when do you look for bad guys in a sonic game? It wouldn't be that bad either if the levels didn't take like eight minutes each, and it just becomes not very fun. The bosses are okay, some people think these bosses are more fun then the ones in the Sonic Adventure series for the Sega Dreamcast. Also, Sonic just isn't as fast in this game as the others. On thing this game is also lacking is being able to turn into Super Sonic, even though you can collect the chaos emeralds. What's the point?

It has good graphics for a Sega Genises game, but this game hurts my eyes for some reason. The floor is checkered too but then again it's a Sega genises game. Sonic looks pretty cool exept when he runs it looks a bit like the moonwalk or something.

Not much of a story here, exept that Dr. Robotnick or Dr. Eggman as they call him now has turned all of the flickies into evil robots and is searching for the chaos emeralds. You have to save the flickies and get the chaos emeralds. Isn't that just evil. You can also go talk to Tails and Knuckles if you have fifty rings, and they'll send you to a special stage (it's really easy) to get those chaos emeralds. I've always wondered why Knuckles or Tails just didn't get them for themselves anyways. By the way if you have fifty rings and you've already been to that stage whether you got the emerald or not, knuckles or Tails will take all your rings anyways and they won't send you to the stage. THIEFS! It's happened to me by accident a couple of times.

Controls: Control Pad: 3/10
Joystick: 8/10

I only played this on the Gamecube for Sonic Mega Collection and if you use the joystick it works almost perfectly. When I tryed using the control pad though, it was nearly impossible to control Sonic, and if I'm right, you have to use the control pad on the Genises. Also the reason I docked two points off the joystick control was the nickname this game got, Sonic on ice. It looks like hes moonwalking or something!(as I mentioned before) and he slips and slides everywhere into bad guys and then you lose all of those precious flickies that you love to collect so much.

Replayability: 1/10

Too bad I can't give a zero. Even if you torured yourself once to get through this game, there is just no reason to beat it again! Sure you can collect the chaos emeralds, but it's not like you can become Super Sonic or anything.

Rent or Buy: NEITHER

Never buy this game unless you've rented it and you liked it. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your money on this annoying piece of plastic. Go out and buy a banana or something. It's still more pleasant then this.

Reviewer's Score: 3/10 | Originally Posted: 06/22/03, Updated 06/22/03