Review by Psycho Penguin

"They're tiny, they're toony, and their game is loony"

The Tiny Toon Adventure series has always been one of my favorite series because of the gameplay expereinces. I mean, sure, they are Tiny Toon games, but that did not detract from the gameplay at all. In fact, when I was a youngster, I used to watch Tiny Toon Adventures all the time, so maybe that adds to the mystique. Regardless, every series has its bad point, and if I had to pick a bad point for the Tiny Toon series this would probably be it. Regardless, the game is still very good. I prefer the Super Nitnendo Tiny Toons game (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose!), but this game is still highly fun as well. The thing about the game is that it is very long. And instead of having a save feature it has a password feature. So it's highly unlikely you'll beat it. Don't let that detract from you wanting to play the game though, this game is very good.

Graphics (8.4/10): The backgrounds of the game are very colorful and very well done. The variety of the stages, from the colorful forest scenery to the sandy deserts, is superb. The world map is very detailed and looks very good overall. The charcaters all look like their television counterparts and this is a very good thing. Some of the graphics are not the best but overall Tiny Toons is a very good graphical game.

Music/Sound (6.3/10): Well, the music in the game is good but it can get to be a little annoying after a while. The first few stages play the classic Tiny Toon theme (only without the words) and this could get very annoying. For you. I enjoyed it. My little sister enjoyed it. As a matter of fact, she is playing the game right now. Regardless of the annoyance issue, the music and sound effects in the game are above average.

Gameplay/Control (7.9/10): Tiny Toons: Buster's Hidden Treasure is a side scrolling game in the reins of Mario but it has some innovations to it as well. For instance, you can get special golden stars, and when you collect 50 of them you can call on a friend to clear the screen for you (this friend ranges from Roadrunner to Dizzy Devil). Also, the game is very fun to play. Control is dead on although you do have to wait for Buster to start running, it is not a game where if you push a button he starts running. Good gameplay.

Replay Value: High
Challenge: Medium

Overall (8.1/10): Another fun Tiny Toons game.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 04/02/00, Updated 07/16/01