Review by hriggs

"Arcase style basketball at its best!"

I'm not a really big fan of basketball games but this is an exception. This game features arcade style gameplay that is great to play with your friends. There are basically no rules, just fun, addicting basketball.

The graphics, made in the time they were in, aren't all too bad. The players move kind of weird, but you get used to it. The dunks are nicely animated, and the crowd is pretty lively. These graphics are nothing special, but they are still halfway decent. A 7 out of 10 in graphics.

The sound is pretty well done. With an unforgetable announcer who says quotes such as "Boomshackalacka!!" and "He's on fire" you are sure to get a laugh out of it. The music is basically little noises but this is exceptable because of the time it was made. The crowd respinds when you are doing good, but sometimes they die down. A very nice 8 out of 10 in sound.

This is where this game shines. The gameplay in this is simple, to score the most points by making the ball go into the basketball net. BUT, there are gameplay tweakers that can make this game more interesting. You can add stuff such as "Hot Spots" that can make your shots worth more points. Such as if you are in three point range, you step on a spot that is worth 9 points, you shoot on that spot, make it, and instead of 3, you get 9 points. Pretty cool, huh? Also, turbo mode makes the gameplay go faster, and more interesting. With all the NBA teams selectable with a wide variety of players, this 2 on 2 basketball game will keep you wanting more. A 9 out of 10.

Replay Value: 7/10

With addicting gameplay, compatibility of up to four players, and funny announcers, you will pick up and play this game again and again. I give replay value, a 7 out of 10.

With brilliant gameplay, nice sound, decent graphics, and ok replay value, this game gets an overall score of 8 out of 10.

Buy/ Sell/ Don't try

I pick buy. Why? It's a fun game you can pick up for a couple of bucks. I defiantely recommend this game.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/19/05