Review by Psycho Penguin

"Thank god for Mike Tyson's Punch Out..."

The Intellivision was a pretty popular gaming console back in the 1970's. Featuring lots of cool games, the system had its share of fans. But unfortunately just like any other gaming console, the Intellivision had its fair share of poor games as well. One game I remember well as being a terrible intellivision game is none other than the most original name for a game ever, Boxing. Let me just say the cover looks better than the game. And the cover looks like crap too! Boxing for the Intellivison has no good points whatsoever. Featuring bad graphics, bad gameplay, bad control, and a severe lack of fun factor, it is hard to believe that Punch Out was so good. I mean, look at what its predecessor was like! This game is total, absolute garbage. I wouldn't reccomend playing this game unless you've beaten and mastered every other game on the face of the earth (besides Heroes of the Lance, of course)

Graphics (8.3/10): Okay, this is an Intellivision game. So even though the graphics do look really crappy in this day and age, so did every other Intellivison game. (no this is not bias, i love intellivision) So while the game features an overhead view, and the graphics look stale, its not too bad looking.

Music/Sound (NA): Think about it. Now let's move on.

Gameplay/Control (0.1/10): Is this game even supposed to resemble fun? While Punch OUt, and to a lesser extent, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, have provided fun, arcade like boxing game experiences, this game combines bad controls with horrible gameplay. All you do is move your guy around while pushing any buttons trying to punch him. Yup. Thats it. Honest. Where's Heroes of the Lance when you need it? (just kidding..)

Replay Value: LOL
Challenge: LOL

Overall (0.1/10): Its a shame too. My advice is to stay away.

Reviewer's Score: 1/10 | Originally Posted: 03/27/00, Updated 07/16/01