Why is it not syncing?

1. My computer recognizes my iPod nano generation 3 when I plug it in, but iTunes doesn't do anything. Absolutely nothing. I can still operate it like normal and I can charge it when I plug it in to my iPod stereo, so it's a problem with iTunes. If I delete and reinstall iTunes, will my songs still be there? If not, how do I make it so that they will be there (or get them back for free)?

User Info: MarioIsMyIdol88

MarioIsMyIdol88 - 8 years ago
    Is your iPod set to manually manage or whatever the choice is in iTunes? If so, turn it off, it won't sync otherwise (although imo you're better off keeping it that way).

User Info: Madfoot713

Madfoot713 - 8 years ago
    Yeah, so I posted this on Apple.ca amd this guy gave me step-by-step instruction. So thanks guys.

User Info: MarioIsMyIdol88

MarioIsMyIdol88 - 8 years ago

1. Well, I got the answer from another forum, but thanks.

User Info: MarioIsMyIdol88

MarioIsMyIdol88 - 8 years ago 0 0

1. I think your music should be stored in your My Music folder, if you're using windows. You should be able to back that up. You could try reinstalling itunes. It might work.

User Info: Ocelot529

Ocelot529 - 8 years ago 0 0
  2. I had this problem, then I restarted my PC, opened iTunes, plugged in my iPod, and it worked.

User Info: MiSTeR_BiG_09

MiSTeR_BiG_09 - 8 years ago 0 0
  3. It might be set to not sync automatically.

Go to the "My ipod" part that lets you view your iPod, version, and what not. Then click "sync music" or something along those lines.

User Info: MC_BatCommander

MC_BatCommander - 8 years ago 0 0