a1 Chess is the easiest to use, most fun chess game available.
Designed from the ground up for the iPhone and the iPod touch, the UI is simple and slick, with a beautiful, clear board and easy to move pieces. No clunky menus, no wading through multiple screens to play a game. Start playing immediately.
No matter what your ability level is, you will enjoy playing with a1 Chess. Choose one of ten levels of play - from beginner levels great for children and new players, to expert levels ideal for serious players. The engine is robust and powerful, ensuring challenging play even for hard core chess players.
a1 Chess plays classic chess, incorporating all legal rules such as castling, promotion, en passant, draw by repetition, draw by 50 move rule, and draw by stalemate. When starting a new game, easily choose White or Black.
a1 Chess offers several innovative features to enhance your chess game:
* Two ways to move a piece: (1) drag and drop, or (2) tap piece, then tap to square
* Slow fade-out of captured pieces, so you can easily see what was captured
* Clear indication of whose turn it is
* Easy way to change play level, even during a game. The levels are fun and descriptive, e.g. Learner, Amateur, Club Player, Grand Master
* While a1 Chess is thinking, force an early move by double tapping the board
* iPhone vibrates when you are put in check
* Undo to get another chance at making a better move
* Auto-Resume where you left off, in case of an interruption. No need to save games.
* Listen to your iPod music while you play chess
Most importantly, a1 Chess is fun and engaging. With lively animation, flying pieces, voice announcements for both sides and a standing ovation when you win, your game playing experience is bound to be fun and challenging.
FAQs, Guides, Cheats, and Secrets
We don't have any FAQs posted for this game yet.
We don't have any cheats posted for this game yet.
Reviews and Ratings
|Reader Review Average||GameFAQs Rating Average||MetaCritic MetaScore|
No reviews posted
No reviews posted