Review by PHarris

"A game that is wonderful to play!"

World Driver is a one of those games where you have to play it for an hour to really get into it. At the beginning, you keep spinning out at every corner. This will probably turn off any gamer who doesn't keep at it. The experience is great if you give it a chance. Lets take a look inside the numbers.

Graphics - 10
Let me get my major complaint out of the way now by saying that you just dont feel like your going fast. The speedometer says 100, but it feels like 50. Oh well, thats a minor complaint. The cars and tracks look absolutely stunning! The framerate is very steady, and it rarely drops. This is easily the best looking racer I've seen yet.

Control - 8
Like I said earlier, you WILL spin out in the beginning of the game. You just have to keep at it. The control is tough to learn at first, but you will eventually get the hang of it. Just don't give up in the beginning because it will be worth it.

Sound - 8
The sounds are also very good in the game. The engine and car sound are done verl well, and the music is not that cheesy and nerveracking. The announcer can get repetive though.

Gameplay - 10
The satisfaction you get from learning this game and winning is great. The cars feel so real, you could probably learn how to really drive just from this game. It's probably tougher than Gran Turismo, so this game will need some practice to learn

Overall, this is the best driving sim I think there is out today. I do feel that this gam is better than Gran Turismo. Just don't give up after 5 minutes because you can't win. Great game to play and highly recommended!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99