Review by Tybalt

"Insects and Fast Cars and Huge Worlds, oh my!"

Body Haarvest happens to be one of the coolest games that I've ever played. There wasn't very much publicity going around it, so it wasn't really popular, but IT DOESN'T MATTER. If you haven't rented this game, and are a big fan of sci-fi shooting games, rent this game. You won't be dissapointed.

The graphics are average, basically. The animations of the humans suck, but the scenery is AWESOME. Tons of lightning effects and the landscapes are big. On the other hand, fogginess is sometimes a problem, and some worlds are too dark(Java, for example). The explosions are good, and so are the bugs and their motion.

Nothing special here, hardly any music until you run into bugs. The bugs scream when shot(obviously), and you can actually hear them CHEW when they bite. Cool. Screams, average music, and all the basic sounds.

Control: 8/10
The control is pretty normal, if you ask me. Shoot, change weapon, aim, camera, you know, normal controls. But, you can also drive any car you find, which I think is pretty cool. Some problems are that it takes you forever to reach your destination point without a car(you walk SLOW), and you got the worst swimmer in the world, because water KILLS you(if water kills you, then why do they have a button to DIVE?!)Your crosshair moves at an average speed rate, which is good.

Challenge: 10/10
Okay, for all of the people who are reading this and are deciding to rent it, let me warn you that this game is HARD. Yep, you heard me. HARD, and time-consuming. Tons of puzzles, objectives, ''treasure hunting'', and stuff like that. The worlds are HUGE! It took me 2 whole days to beat the first world and find everything. And the second world, I needed a Gameshark to beat! By the time I got to the third world, I had to return it. That's how hard it is, so I suggest you rent this game only if you a) are good at solving puzzles, and b) you like playing long games.

Replay Value: 8/10
You probably won't like playing the first 2 worlds, but the rest are awsome, and the bosses are worth fighting a couple of times.

Fun Factor: 9/10
There are over 50 vehicles including cars, motorcycles, tanks, planes, boats, and trucks, fire engines, and a specialized Alpha Tank, which is used to kill bosses. All those vehicles will want you coming back for more.

So basically, Body Harvest happens to be an awsome game. Rent it, and if you like it, buy it used. This game RULES, MAN!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/02/00, Updated 04/26/01