Review by Flyingkyle

"A HORRENDOUS leap in the series from 2D to 3D"

This game is ugly. Few nice sparks fly very sporadically at most 5% of the game. If you would like to play this game and somewhat enjoy it, follow these steps.

1: Throw out everything you like about the Castlevania series before you pick up the controller.

2: Put you TV on mute once the opening is over.

3: Drink some liquor to lower the visual and hearing stimulus of your body and help you survive throughout this corpse of a game.

The castlevania series features awesome, intense, orchestrated BGMs. But this game features something called silence for most part except in couple stages and the battle with Dracula, even in which that is the remix of the music from Symphony of the Night. It also features fun jump and slash action similar to Ninja Gaiden and Link's Adventure. This game is mostly walking and taking a couple wack the dark and ugly creatures that has absolutely no AI to them. Carrie isn't all that much better either. The cinema scenes are dry and boring. The characters remain motionless and emotionless durning their encounters and conversations. This game is NOT worth the money and NOT worth the time to play. But if you do persevere and make it to the end, the ending ain't too bad for both characters.

However.....we, I , cannot condemn Konami for taking some wrong turns(Castlevania Legend was another black sheep of the series) in their effort to expand the legacy of castlevania so I'll give this game an average score of 4.

Graphics: 4 : Yuck! Foggy, lacks life and color, emotions, clarity, everything!

Sound: 4 : Ok BGM on rare occasions, below average SFX.

Control: 3 :Seems like you're controlling them on ice skating ring. Bad hit-detection.

Fun : 4 : It does have some.... resemblence to other castlevania games.....

Overall: 4 : It's called Castlevania and it's made by Konami so, I'll slap on a 4

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99