Review by tehjonbro

"Quite possibly the most brilliant game ever created."

Conker's Bad Fur Day is a morbid, ultra-violent, super-vulgar, immature, cartoony game about a squirrel who gets drunk and loses his way home. Not one ounce of the game makes any sense at all. Rare took all the worst things anyone could even imagine in a video game...

...and made it just about the GREATEST. GAME. EVER.

STORYLINE- 10/10
The storyline is terribly unoriginal, but it's so fitting and so funny that it has to be given a high score. Basically, Conker the squirrel gets drunk and can't find his way home. At the same time, the great panther king keeps knocking his milk off of his table because one of the legs is broken. That's really about it. There's a few plot twists here and there that don't make too much sense which add to the weirdness of the game. I'll leave you to find those on your own.

GRAPHICS- 10/10
This game has some of the best graphics on the N64. Every character and landscape has loads of detail at every point in the game. There's tons of facial expressions that you won't see anywhere else, as well. Everything is so expressively animated that it's hard to keep your eyes glued to the screen, even at parts where you feel like you should look away.

SOUND- 10/10
I'd say this game has more voice-acting in it than any other N64 game. Well, maybe not Starfox 64. I don't know for sure. All the voices fit every character, and what makes that really impressive is that they're all done by only three people. There's a heck of a lot of characters, too.

This game also has some absolutely amazing music. I'll admit, some of it even gives me goosebumps. Every song matches the exact mood of a scene (like if a scene is happy, the music is happy, or if a scene is creepy and confusing, the music is, too). There are other games out there that do this... but not quite the same way. EVERY tune in this game is amazing.

I don't really have much to say about the sound effects. They all fit what they were made for, and that's good enough for me.

GAMEPLAY- 10/10
This game has a quick and easy learning curve, but the game gets hard kind of fast. What's so great though is that every super-hard part of this game is also super-addicting. Whether I'm attempting to leap from one rope to another or search for tickly bees, at least I have comfort in knowing that every time Conker dies, it's my fault, and not the fault of a bad camera angle or wacky controller.

HUMOR- 10/10
This game is the funniest game you'll ever play. There's so many memorable lines and absurd parts that will make your jaw drop... There's simply no contest for humor. It's hilarious.

REPLAYABILITY- 10/10
This game is so addicting that you won't stop until you've beaten it all. Then, once you've beaten it all, so much has happened that you'll want to beat it all again. Playing this game is a wonderful experience like no other.

BUY/RENT- buy buy buy buy buy
If you can handle the swearing, the violence, the vulgarity, the difficulty, and the absurdity of this game, you MUST buy it. It's the most wacky and hilarious game you'll ever play.

If you're a gamer searching for something truly unique, get this game.

You won't regret it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/07/08

Game Release: Conker's Bad Fur Day (US, 03/04/01)