Review by slimjim25c

"Another great Duke nukem game"

I'm a huge fan of duke nukem and love all his games, this one is very fun I gotta say. This was the very first game I ever got for the N64. The game is great. It has lots of weapons to choose from and lots of stages. Duke for the N64 was a good idea.

Graphics 7.7/10
err... the graphics kind of annoy me for this game. I just think if it were in 3D it would be a lot better. I still like them though. The stuff is designed very well. 2D graphics don't bother me that much but I expected the N64 was going to have all 3D graphics though. Anyways, the graphics are good and I like them.

Sound and music 9.2/10
The music is great! I love this games music. It's very cool. The sound is great too! The music and sound are good period.

Game play 9.1/10
The game play is good. it takes a while to beat. Every level is looooooooooooong. Every level has lots of secrets and other really neat stuff that you probably forgot to get. This game took me a long time to beat. I thought it was really hard too. The game play takes really long.

Difficulty 9.4/10
Duke Nukem is very hard. It's tough in some parts. It's really frustrating when you are almost done with the level and die and have to go all the way back to the first part. I almost split this game in half for that. The bosses are quite difficult too. They take a lot of hits to kill. Some levels are CRAZY! They have about 2 or 3 bosses in the level. It's really hard. I gotta say though that the game isn't that hard when you get the plasma gun(hehehe)

Re-play abillity 9.2/10
I love playing this game over, and over, and over again. I can't stop! It's a really fun game.

Multi player 9.4/10
The multi player is very fun. First you can play against a computer or you could play with your friends. Second you can play coop mode which is a blast. Multi player always makes Duke Nukem fun!

Play control 8.7/10
The play control is easy. It only takes a while to learn. Some buttons are a little confusing though. Still the play control is good.

Overall 9/10
9.4
9.2
9.4
8.7
This game obviously gets a 9!

Buy or rent
BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!!!! This is a great game! I really think you should buy it because you won't beat it in a one day rental.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/12/01, Updated 09/12/01