Review by Rick L

"One of the best games I've ever played in my life."

Again, one of the best games that I've ever played in my life. I don't know how to explain it, they did an AWESOME job on this game! Sure it has 2-D sprites, but who says graphics make the game? (Except for Nintendo Power, of course!)

Graphics: 9.8/10

Very well done, and very nice! The enemies and a lot of objects are 2-D sprites, but they are very well done! You can at least tell what they are. The modern type setting lets you figure out what is what easily. Very, very well done.

Sound: 9.5/10

The sound is very good, and the lack of music helps to concentrate more. The aliens' sound is very good. There are a couple of problems, though. Maybe they just happen to me, but...

1. Sometimes there is a crackling sound when there's an explosion.
2. Once in a while, the jetpack/charged up plasma cannon sound seem to get stuck and you have to reset to un-stick the sound.

This is fun to play.There's at least 30 solo levels, plus a couple of extra multiplayer levels thrown in. While the shoot 'em up stuff is rather mindless, you don't seem to care. Nowadays, you have to with all the ''Don't shoot this or you'll fail the mission'' type things, it's a relief to be able to blast whatever without worry. The only things to worry about are your health and your ammo, oh yeah, and them damn alien scum!

Replay Value: 9.8/10

This is great. Once you've beaten the game, you can beat it on the other difficulty levels, then you can look for all the secret areas, (Don't cheat and look at my FAQ just yet!), then when that's old, go blast people to bits in multiplayer! This is the first N64 games to use Dukebots in Multiplayer! I should also mention here that this game is one of the first to use a ''Co-op'' mode as well! Excellent!

Options/Cheats: 9.5/10

The basic options are good. The cheats are good as well, but a couple of complaints. Instead of having all items and full ammo, how about all items and infinite ammo? Also, the biggest complaint of all, ''Where's the No Clipping mode?''

Overall: 9.9/10

This game is one to deliver to the people. Even though it doesn't have too much of a storyline, use your creativity and make one up! That's what I do. This game has a long life to it. This is one to get in your collection, definitely!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/25/01, Updated 12/22/01