Review by Duel007

"Duke Nukem is here, and ready to blow up some alien ass....."

When I first play this game my thought's were, WOW. It was one of the most fun games I have ever played. It will also be one of the most fun games YOU ever play too.

The graphics were quite good. The character's were flat, but the playing environment was 3-D. The playing environment completely saved this games graphics. The character's and enemies didn't have much detail, they were flat and had solid clothes on and a fixed face. NO shadowing what so ever. The game had some good graphics, but then again, some of the things were just flat out FLAT!

Control: 9/10

The control wasn't to hard to pick up on. Just give yourself 15 minutes and you'll be fine. There is an action for almost everything in the game, so it kind of defeats the whole purpose of just learning to shoot and move.

Music 1/10

No music at all. None, not anywhere in the game will you find music. Maybe when the credits roll down the screen but that's it.

The gameplay was perfect. This is a hardcore shooting game that gives you the opportunity to do something to everything in the game. So if there is a toilet, yup, you got it, you can pee in the toilet and hear everything. Sound tempting? There is much more. In the movie theater go back stage and pick yourself up a jet pack(who would of knew the movies contained jet packs). Also you can get food and drinks and go watch mini movies in the gun shop. There is also an arcade in the movie theater. But only good for blowing the arcades up. A GREAT fun thing you can do is play pool. There is a pool table in a certain building and you can play it. Try going shot for shot and whenever someone scores, you get to shoot your opponent. Or you can stick your finger in an electrical outlet and let it drain some life from you. Either way, there are SO many things to do in this game. Try playing to find out more. You can also go through single player mode with two player's. It's called co-operative mode. See how far you can get, it may surprise you.

Rent or Buy

I suggest you rent this game first. If your a person that is all for graphics in a game, then this may not be your game.

Overall, this game gets a 10. Yes, some scores were low, but this game was so fun I couldn't help but give it a 10.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 02/16/02, Updated 09/27/02