Review by Storm Eagle

"One of the best racers out there..."

Ah, after those stale driving games, us N64 marks get ione that delivers the goods: Speed, Cars, graphics, music, and tracks.

In this speedy game pak, you choose a futuristic motorbike, which looks reminiscent to Tron. They each got funny but cool names like Mooga, Khan, Grimace, etc.

The graphics are great, but a little blurry. And sometimes, it's a wee bit pixelated. One odd thing is that there's a code where you can turn the graphics even more pixelated (like the PSX or Saturn), called "Uglymode" (go figure).

The sounds is...strange. It's not overall terrible, but it's not great, either. Average is what would probably describe this better. Some of the bike engines are high pitched, other's are warped but still high pitched, and some do some low sound effects.

The music is what suits this game perfectly: Fast paced, adrenaline pumping techno music. If you are going to play this game, make sure you have the freakin' volume on high.

Gameplay, what can I say? You'll get used to the controls instantly, and the speed, whoa, it feels like your actually there, you heart is pumpins, there's even a code where you can activate an optical illusion to make the screen seem to fly by twice as faster.

Lastibility is guaranteed, I'm talking 12 insane, looping, coiling tracks (plus a hidden one), and a fantastic multi-player mode, except the battle mode arenas could use some more work.

A great addition to your game collection.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/31/99, Updated 12/31/99