Review by Dr. Deezee

"Hmmm.... I know I've played this somewhere before!"

The sequel to (arguably) the N64's best fighter is out, sporting the title Fighter Destiny 2, (that's not a typo) the publisher South Peak dropping the ''s'' for copyright reasons. Basically it's the same thing as last time around, only with different characters.

The graphics were good the first time this game was released, but by today's standards, they kinda stink. They're very blocky and clipping happens often. They're not un-bearable and certainly will not ruin the gameplay.

The sound is pretty much the same as the original game, with just different music tracks. The sound effects are pretty good and go well with the game-play, but I just don't really like the song tracks… They bug me.

There isn't any story I could find that was worth rating.

My favorite part of the Destiny series. Very easy control, neat innovations and cool looking moves make this a killer to play. The controls are easy to get into, yet hard to master. Like some moves are very easy, just a simple tap of A and B together, where as others take complex controls combined with both A and B to pull off. You can take your favorite fighter and enter them into the ''Fighter Arena'' (requires a controller pack to save fighter) mode, to raise their health, attack power, recovery power, and even gain new ''skills' (moves). Then you can fight off against all of the computer opponents and earn a hidden skill. The moves are all very cool looking, (just check out the Mach Buster) and so are the Knock-Outs. All in all it has great gameplay.

Replay Value: 8/10
You'll want to earn all 8 extra skills for each charectar and raise their stats, then gain all of the secret fighters. High replay value.

Overall (not an average): 7/10
Great rental, buy it if you like it. If you have the original Fighter's Destiny, sell it in an attempt to get this, it's an updated version. Only keep the original game if you can't part with the characters.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 07/09/00, Updated 03/01/02