Review by Casanova973

"Well, at least we know that the vehicles around in about 300 years are gonna be SICK!"

F-Zero X, a racing game set in the future. No doubt about it, it is a brilliant game. From the graphics, to the gameplay, to the amazingly fast vehicles, this game just rocks all the way. I have owned this game fore a long time now, and I tell you, I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to get it at first, but now I regret even thinking about not getting this game! If you ever look back at your Nintendo 64 and all your games, you will remember this game, and very few others.

I am not much of a racer fan, especially on the Nintendo 64, but this game changed my opinion. I am happy to be telling you how good this game is. Not just an excellent racing game, not just a good Nintendo game, but it's a bloody good piece of art. People try all the time to try and make racing games set in the future, and only very rarely been successful, this game being one of the rare ones. If you read this review, you will understand how the 9/10 got on the review, but don't take it too bad, games that are 10/10 never seem to end..... on with the review!

You don't see the character's faces in the game at all really, so you can't really judge the detail on the characters unless you judge by the cartoon cut-outs of them. The vehicles in the game have excellent graphics. You can't really call them realistic because none of the vehicles in the game are real. What I'm trying to say is: if you imagine what a car would look like in 500 years time, go check out this game, it has a huge range of vehicles and I know that at least one of them looks like what you are imagining right now. Not only are the vehicles great, but the backgrounds of the track's look great! Every track in the game is different (by track I mean course), and each one of them is so obviously paper cut-out, but they are still great! Each one is different, and nearly all of them look amazing! In the game, there are hardly any glitches in it, which gives you more gaming time, and less frustrating times. The graphics get a 10/10, vehicles look great backgrounds are perfect, characters look cool even on paper, hardly any glitches, this game has it all!

Replay Value: 10/10
Well, if you like the game like me, you will be playing this game until you are old and grey (not that I am old OR grey). You can just play this game forever! It is quite hard to complete 100% of the game, and that is good because you don't want to just win a few races then move on to another game. Even after you complete 100% you can race against your best friend, beat your own time, try the other hidden challenges, there's just so much you can do after you complete this game! No game is good if it has poor replay value, well, this game has excellent replay value. The replay value gets a 10/10.

The gameplay is just class, just brilliant. You can go at 1000 miles per hour and still control your vehicle, it's just amazing. The AI are challenging too, so you don't just get a really easy race with just you challenging for first place. You can choose the difficulty settings so you can make it easier or harder. The controls are great too, and I don't think I could have made them better myself.

Now, that's the end of my review on F-Zero X. The reason that this game doesn't get a 10/10 is because, if you give game 10/10, it means that it goes on forever, the gameplay is just unbelievable, and the graphics look real. I don't believe in 10/10, well, I used too, but now I don't after a long talk with my cousin.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/24/04