Why does my GoldenEye freeze?

1. My GoldenEye for some reason has been freezing for the last 2 years I have been playing it, I even changed my Nintendo console all my other games work great, but GoldenEye freezes and I cleaned the cartridge twice, and it freezes at random points during game-play, any advice?

User Info: Shant826

Shant826 - 3 years ago

1. It sounds like your copy of Goldeneye is damaged somehow.

Contrary to what "Barett_S" says, do NOT EVER blow into the cartridge. Moisture from inside your mouth can enter the cartridge and cause corrosion of the contacts. Always use something like a can of compressed air (available from all good computer equipment stores) to blow off any dust from cartridges.

User Info: Gunbladelad

Gunbladelad - 3 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Get another copy.

User Info: bentheboom

bentheboom - 3 years ago 0 0
  2. Do the time-honoured technique, blow it.

User Info: Barrett_S

Barrett_S - 3 years ago 0 3
  3. Your copy may be damaged. I first thought dirt/grime on the pins in the cart or the console, but if you cleaned it properly then it might be the actually cart. Just as an example, my Vigilante 8 would constantly reset because of grime on the pins and I had a copy of Cruisn USA that kept freezing and eventually wouldn't start...turns out it was rust on the insides.

User Info: Darthmikeatron

Darthmikeatron - 9 months ago 0 0