Review by Gamerman

"Farm Fresh Fun!"

Harvest Moon 64 is one of the best games out for Nintendo 64 right now in my opinion.
You might not want to try the game, because it is a farming game, but it is really worth
trying out. It is an addictive, time-consuming game that you will end up playing for hours
without even noticing. It does get a little repetitive, though after you have played through
many years in the game, but it is still a great game.

Gameplay: The controls in the game are very simple and easy to remember. After you
play the game a little bit, you will get the hang of it. It is really fun and you can sit down
and play it for hours. The game can be extremely hard or extremely easy, depending on
how you play the game. If you decide to grow a lot of crops at one time, then it will be
challenging watering them all and foraging at the same time, while trying to go to sleep
before midnight. On the other hand, you can just wake up and go to sleep, making it
really easy. Overall, the gameplay is done very well in this game.

Story: In this game, your grandfather just died and at his funeral you decided to take over
his farm. When you go there, you see that the farm is run down. You have two years to
turn the farm around, while making friends with the people in the village, getting married,
and even having kids.

Audeo/Video: There aren’t very many video in the game and the music gets repetitive after
a while, but they still add a little to the game.

Replay Value: This game has a really good value. I found myself deleting other people’s
files to make more room for my own, so I have a game on all 4 files. You can try
marrying other women in the other game, trying to get new things, or you can just start all
over from the beginning, because it is such a fun game.

Rent or Buy: This game is definitely worth buying. I don’t think it is even available to
rent, because I haven’t seen it anywhere. You should definitely consider buying this game,
because you will end up playing it for hours.

For all ages, this game should definitely be considered for buying. It’s addictive and is one of the best games ever made. If you don't end up buying, at least borrow it from a friend, because this game is worth trying out.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 02/28/01, Updated 02/28/01