Review by DKlug

"Who knew farming could be addicting?"

Natsume's thrilling farming RPG(no, thats not a misprint) is finally making it's way to the Nintendo 64. Many people, including myself at first, have turned down this great game at first glance. I'm really sorry for anyone who can't handle a game other than shoot'em up but if you are like that, don't bother to read the rest of this review. Anyways, Harvest Moon is a game about farming, although it goes far beyond that. You can date, socialize, and a number of other things. It is an incredibly addicting game, as you won't be able to set it down after you start playing it. There are a few bug problems, though. The game tends to freeze when it gets hot(this happens after about 2 hours of game play). I have contacted Nintendo about this, and so far, it seems there is not soulation. The bugs don't get in the way of the game's charm, though, so relax. Although the game is rated everyone by the ESRB(Entertainment Software Rating Board), it still has a few selective things that aren't for children 10 and under(or maybe). It contains the use of achohol in a way that makes drinking seem fantastic although it really isn't. And getting in to bed with your wife? Shudder, shudder. Anyways, I won't sit here all day blabing on and on so I'll get to the heart of the review.
*Note that all things below are rated on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being the lowest, and 5 being the highest.*

Story-The story is simplistic and not a plot to keep you wandering; Your grandfather dies and you inherate his run down farm. Now you have to fix it up.
Score:5/5

Gameplay-Gameplay is very very simple at times and at others very frusterating at others. Farming chores tend to get tedious, though not really.
Score:4/5

Controls-Controls are simple, like everything else, though lining yourself up with things like feed boxs and crops is somewhat hard at times. Fortunly, you won't be pulling your
hair out.
Score:4/5

Fun Factor-This one is off the scale! I'd give it a 10 if I could, but since my simple scale only goes to five, I have to give it a five. Fun is what this game is all about. Some of it is fun, but farming chores isn't the most thrilling thing in videogame history. All I can say is fun? Fun!
Score:5/5

Replay-Another off-scaler. The replay of this game is simply incredible. You are very addicted to it, so what do you expect? The game also can go on forever, if you want it to.
Score:5/5

Overall-Simple, addicting, fun, whatmore do you need!? This game is a must have I give 5 stars and two thumbs up.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/07/00, Updated 03/07/00