Review by ajnrules

"I REALLY didn't like this game, and I'm probably the only one too."

Is this game really that good? I don't think so. I'm seeing everybody talk about how good it is and how it is better than Ocarina of Time (which is hard, because that game is currently the highest rated game of the 64 byte+ dynasty), and I'm thinking, ''What's the big deal?'' But I'm probably one of the few people in the world that thinks this, but I have my reasons.

Honestly speaking from my opinion, this game's graphics suck compared to OoT. Actually, it's only a little worse, but remember, OoT was released 23 months ago. I was expecting something like Perfect Dark, but I didn't get it.

It's kind of cheesy. Link has 72 hours to do certain tasks to prevent this big moon-thingy from crashing onto Earth, bla bla bla. He can wear masks to be able to change to different personalities. When the 72 hours are up and the tasks are done, we go back in time again. Sounds like a combination between Groundhog Day and Kirby 64. I'm not completely sure if this is the real story, but this is what I heard.

I find it tougher to control Link in this game than in OoT. Sometimes he walks when I'm trying to get him to run. And occasionally there are these rumblings on the screen. Maybe my version has bugs, but it certainly taints this score. In the end I just gave up and watch what happens when I lose the game. That was pretty fun.

Replayability: 3/10
I find most of the fun in games is to play around, but this game's 72-hours only system does not allow us to do that. That certainly ruins things.

Buy/Rent: I would do neither, but then again, I'm not a Zelda fan. For Zelda fans, you'll probably buy it even if I say not to, so what's the point.

Overall Score: 5/10 (It gets a slight boost because it's for Nintendo, and I'm more for Nintendo than Sony or Sega.)

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 10/26/00, Updated 10/26/00