Review by Jedinortdog1

"Quite possibly the best Zelda game yet!"

Gameplay 9/10
This game is a blast! It, along with Ocarina of Time, has the best control system ever. I think that the z targeting adds a whole lot to the control system. The movement is very precise, almost like you are there. As usual, the game is full of puzzles to solve. If you have never played a Zelda game before then you better put on your thinking cap. Not to mention that you only have three days until the world ends. This makes the game a little frantic, which I think makes it quite exciting. The only problem I have with the gameplay is the saving function. Unless you beat a statue with your sword, or you play the song of time, then you cannot save. When you play the song, you will lose some of your items. The dungeon puzzles will also reset.

Story 10/10
The story is a little different. You are not in Hyrule anymore and a moon is about to crash into the ground. I find the story a little less linear than all the other Zelda games, which makes it nice. After a while, the same basic story setup gets old. Majora's Mask remedies that problem.

Audio/Video 10/10
The classic Zelda music is back!!! What more do we need? That was the biggest disappointment with Ocarina of Time. The original music gives it a familiar atmosphere. The graphics are of course great. It really doesn't look all that much different than Ocarina of Time, but whose complaining.

Replayability 10/10
You will want to replay it to see what you missed. It would also be fun to see how fast you can beat it. Of course, given the games size, you may want to wait a little while before going back to it.

Final Score: 9.8

Definitly buy this game, especially if you are a Zelda fan. The only drawback is the save feature. If you can look past that, then you won't have any complaints. It makes me want to break out all my old school Zelda games. Nintendo did a great job on it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/31/00, Updated 10/24/01