Review by BeamerXL

"Compared to TooT, this game is disappointing"

I was exciting when I brought home my brand new Zelda game on October 26 and slid the sleek gold cartridge out of the plastic. At first play, the game was great, but after I was done with it, I wasn't pleased. First of all, the game was way too short. Only 4 levels, compared to TooT's (The Ocarina of Time) 8. The music was worse. The replayability is worse. The story was worse. The controls were the EXACT same. The only thing better is the graphics.

I must say the graphics were great in this game. Lots of new effects were added and old things were improved. For example, the ''teleporting'' of the first game occurred with a sparkle around you. This game has a more interesting, dramatic ''fly away'' scene.

The sound in TooT was a lot better than this. A lot of the songs you play had little or no background sound. The background music of the game was all the same as TooT. A slight disappointment here.

Control: 7/10
The controls are the exact same as TooT, but not too bad. Two really annoying things are rolling as a Goron and using Deku Flowers.

The story's kinda cheesy. I mean, come on. The same three days over and over and over get kind of old and annoying. The four giants look, should we say, odd? A dumb mask gives a kid great powers. Why don't you just sneak up behind and yank it off. The thing that ruins this game the most is the constant pressure of being under a time limit. And what's with that moon's corny face?

Like I said above, this game gets annoying because of the three days. After you save and return to the First Day, you have to get all your arrows, bombs, etc. back again. Your Stray Fairies aren't saved. You have to have all of your conversations over again. You find yourself screaming a lot ''I ALREADY DID THIS!!!'' Another things is, this game was way too short. I didn't play it a great deal, maybe a half hour a day, and I beat it in about 2 weeks, where as TooT lasted me a month or two. The game only has four levels, and TooT had eight. This is very discouraging.

Replayability: 1/10
After you beat the game, get all the heart pieces, and do everything you can, you sigh and place this game on the shelf. There's nothing left. Only the criminally insane would go and play the whole game over again. When you're done, you're done.

Don't get me wrong, this game isn't horrible. If it's your first Zelda game, you'll say ''Wow!'' But if you've played any other Zelda games, you'll feel a void. This game barely lives up to its title. If you're looking to buy a new Zelda game, buy TooT, not Majora's mask. You'll have a lot better time.

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 11/11/00, Updated 11/11/00