Review by N_The_Elite

"In my Opinion, Better than Ocarina of Time."

In the year 1998, Nintendo released the masterpiece The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64. Nobody could get enough of it. It was called the greatest game of all time by most. Fans demanded a sequel. So, in October 2000, they released The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Let's get started with the review.

Graphics: 9.5/10: The graphics take full advantage of the Expansion Pak, and look fantastic, but it still is a little blocky. Still, the finest I've seen on the N64.

Sound: 9/10: We have excellent tunes here that still stick in my mind, but a lot of the Ocarina songs (I didn't get far, so I wouldn't exactly know how many) are re-used for the next game. I would like to hear something new from this magical instrument. And having a little voice acting wouldn't be so bad, either.

Gameplay: 10/10: Running around and slashing enemies just never gets old, and the masks you get are plain cool. You get a great arsenal of weapons for use, but I have one complaint: You only have 72 hours in Zeldaian time to do this, and you have to use the Ocarina to turn back to the first day. All your buyable weapons are gone, and unless you stop at the bank, your rupees are all gone.

Story: 8/10: Link goes out in search of a "Lost Friend" (NAVI IS YOUR FRIEND?!) with a strange mask called Majora's Mask. He meets up with somebody called the Skull Kid. He steals Epona, a few other things I believe, and more importantly, Majora's Mask. Later, Link gets turned into a Deku Scrub, and one of the Skull Kid's two faries gets locked inside the little dungeon with Link. It agrees to help you if you can unite it with its owner. Once you get to this new town, Clock Town, you learn of the Happy Mask Shop man looking for Majora's Mask. He will turn you into a human if you find your Ocarina and get back the mask. You retrieve the Ocarina, but not the mask. Now you must go through four lands in search of all you need to stop the Skull Kid. But wait, there's more! The moon is now going to destroy Clock Town and doom all the innocents in 72 hours unless you stop the madness. (Whew!)

Overall: 9.2/10: If you can find this for 15 bucks you'll blow on dumb Wii accessories, buy it, play it, and love it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/11/08