Review by Yorutaun_

"A quick, brief, and logical review that explains why this game competes with modern and popular Nintendo titles . *~*SPOILER FREE*~*"

Introduction - Nintendo is my favorite. I've beat Metroid, Mario, Pokemon, and more. I decided it was time to pick up a Zelda. Where to start? Here. This was my first Zelda, and now I know why everyone loves this series. This is the best game I have ever played from the Nintendo 64, and it quite possibly be the best game I've ever played on the Wii.

Gameplay - The controls are very easy to get used to. I used a GameCube controller. The scheme is simple. However, there is a large variety to attacking. Sword skills can be learned at the Swordsman's shop in Clock Town. Loaded with weapons, Young Link packs a powerful punch. It would be better for me to not spoil the weapons, so I will leave it at that. You aim to collect heart containers. Four heart containers equals one heart, which is added to your health meter. You also have a magic meter which can be used in many ways. Throughout the game, you collect masks. Some transform you into an entirely new being with new powers and abilities. These masks are excellent. They show Nintendo's true creativity.

Story - The story is great. You start off riding your horse, Epona. You encounter Skull Kid, a strange creature that has stolen the Majora's Mask. After a struggle, you meet the Happy Mask Salesman, a weird man who warns that he is leaving in three days, and he needs his Majora's Mask back by then. From there, it is your responsibility to unite four powerful forces from the four different corners of Termina in order to get the mask back. Did I mention the moon is falling? As you journey through Termina, an alternate version of Hyrule, you discover loads of creepy, strange, funny, random, weird, or shady characters. The characters were one of my favorite apects of the game, and they helped me understand why this is one of the darkest Zelda games. This game also has some awesome side-quests in order to get all the masks. I don't want to spoil anything, so discover the rest of the story on your own.

Graphics - Going into this game, and used to Wii graphics, I thought they would be terrible. They are great graphics! I love how camera angles from cutscenes, et cetera always had a side focus on the moon, which gets closer and closer. This game holds the same quality of graphics that a low budget game released in 2009 would! However, let me tell you, the graphics on this game are godly compared to other Nintendo 64 games.

Sound - The music is great. However, what I found better was the voice acting. Although most characters just grunt or giggle, the voice acting is spot-on, and it adds to the tremendous detail of the game.

Play Time/Replayability - This game took me a good thirty hours to beat. Maybe a little more. However it was my first Zelda game. I would replay it, but I don't have the time.

Guide - Oh, by the way, this game is almost impossible to beat without a guide. The temples pose real challenges, especially for new players. I suggest using a guide from GameFAQs. However, don't read ahead, because you might spoil something for yourself. Allow GameFAQs guides to walk you through the temples, in order to save massive amounts of time.

Final Recommendation - Buy it off the Nintendo Shop Channel for $10.00. It's worth well over $100.00.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/24/09

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (US, 05/18/09)