Review by JuanZolo

"Just played and beat this game for the first time this year. Is it good by todays standards? YES!"

I just recently purchased the Zelda collectors edition Gamecube thingamajig, for the sole purpose of playing Majoras Mask, seeing as how it was the only 3d Zelda I had not played. I have to say, this is definitely my new favorite zelda! Watch as I try to attempt to put in words the awesomeness that is majora's mask!

This game has a really ingeious premise, you have 3 days to save the world of termina from an impending apocalypse in the form of a falling moon(It even has an evil face!). Seeing as how it would probably be very difficult to complete this game in just 3 days, Nintendo wisely lets you manipulate the flow of time. You can slow down time to half its regular speed, speed it up to twice the speed, or revert back to the beginning of the three day cycle, all with the aid of your trusty ocarina of time. This entry in the Zelda series seems much more focused on the sidequests as opposed to the main storyline. The citizens of termina all have their own schedules and you soon learn their routines. There is even a notebook to keep track of all the NPC's schedules so you know when to trigger the next part of their respective mission. People may argue that since your repeating the same three days the game may become repetetive, to this I say NAY!! There is so much to do in this game you could not possibly do everything there is on one single 3-day cycle. So everytime you start the days over, a new adventure awaits you! The time aspect also gives the game a sense of impending doom and urgency that no other Zelda game comes close to matching. There is no time to just sit and relax, you gotta save these people. TIME IS RUNNING OUT!! Other than that the zelda gameplay that you know in love remains solidly intact. Complete with some of the best dungeons in the series(Only 4 of them however), Items, Heart piece containers, thats all here and just as fun.

This game has a very catchy soundtrack, although it is heavily recycled from ocarina of times soundtrack. The new tracks that are here however are very good, such as the haunting music that plays in the final few minutes before the moon strikes the earth. Playing the ocarina is just as fun as ever also, with new songs to learn and old tunes making a comeback.

Graphics 5/10
The graphics dont hold up to well today, although im sure that at the time of release this would definitely get a 10 in the graphics department. You prolly arent playing this 10 year old game for the grapichs though.

This games premis just totally clicked with me. I loved it even more than ocarina of time. It is much different than the other zeldas, but if you play with an open mind you will be rewarded with gaming nirvana.

Pros
+ Epic gameplay
+Great sidequests(Lots of them to!)
+Great music
+Pretty much everything

Cons
- I suppose the graphics dont hold up as well

GO PLAY THIS GAME ALREADY!!!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/31/11

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Collector's Edition) (US, 10/25/00)