Question from pens444444

Sinking lure?

I have tried all I can to get the sinking lure but every time is a fail. I look in the grass but it's never there. I really want the golden scale ,but with out the sinking lure I can't get the big fish. Is there a specific order of things you have to do or do you just have to search for a lot. I have tried lots of times.

R351D3NT3V1L4 answered:

From DaRk_OnE's FAQ: www.gamefaqs.com/n64/197771-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time/faqs/3478

THE SINKING LURE: As adult Link, when you have caught a fish
15 pounds and up, there will be a sinking lure somewhere in the
pond when you enter. The lure appears in random spots somewhere
in or around the pond. The place where I have found it to be
most commonly is IN THE GRASS ALONG THE WALL. Walk along the
wall and you may find it in the grass there or hidden somewhere
by the place where the stream comes in among the rocks. Also, if
you can't find it there, look on the log sticking out of the
water. Sometimes it is by the three rocks near the bottom of the
stream. This lure sinks and is possibly a good way to catch the
mysterious Hylian Loach which is talked about later, in section
d. WARNING: the fisherman will NOT let you claim any prizes if
you use the sinking lure because it's AGAINST THE RULES. If you
talk to the fisherman and say, "Let's talk about something," he
will make the sinking lure legal to use.
1 1

Answers

guapo2003 answered:

You actually don't need the sinking lure to get the big fish that will get you the Golden Scale, even though it can hlep out. The best way I have ALWAYS gotten the big fish is when you first go into the Fisherman's Hut, just walk left to where you can see the big log/stick sticking out of the water. Just angle yourself to where the log is directly infront of you. Walk in the water a couple of feet and cast your lure. You will see a fish there, and that's your big fish. Be careful though, that you keep your eye on him so you don't confuse him with another fish. It may take a few tries for him to bite, but when he does, DON'T LOSE HIM, or he won't be in the same spot again. You'll have to go outside and start the process over again. I hope this has helped you out.
1 0

RauruTheSage answered:

The sinking lure appears in random spots, but the best place I have found it, is to just walk around and hug the wall until you have found it. The best places usually seem to be the grass or by the logs.
1 0

link1276 answered:

I really don't think you can get it without getting the gold scale hope it helps you out
0 0

Where can I find the Sinking Lure? Answered abk129
Making sinking lure legal? Open WolfUrameshi
Lure help? Open ddrmaster69
Where is the sinkin lure? Answered Gadth
Floating lure with loach? Answered gameguiy