Question from RogueAshaman

How do I find 1 missing skulltula?

I've got 99 Skulltulas but all the locations have skulltula markers. How do I go about finding the missing skulltula?

I did not check each dungeon. What if I got them all in each dungeon?

From: belkotar 3 years ago

one thing you need to know about Gold Skulltulas is that it's a lot easier to look for them by separate sections. for every dungeon (excluding 3), you can get them all on your first run through the dungeon. these are the most mis-able ones:

Inside the Deku Tree:
-Behind a bomb-able wall in the room where you exit through the crawl space to push the block. you know, the room where the Gohma eggs drop in and hatch? well, there's a web you need to burn, and a wall to bomb, and you need to retrieve it with the boomerang.

Dodongo's Cavern:
-You must come back here as Adult Link. There's two that are mis-able, but the real obscure one is located in the room where you first encounter baby dodongos as a child. it's the room where you first have to push the armos on the switch to unlock a door, and if you travel back, you have to use the scarecrow song, and hookshot to the point that Navi locks on.

Zora's Doman:
-I guess the most obscure ones will have to be the one on the wall near where the Diving Instructor used to be, and you have to longshot to it (At night with Adult Link). And the 2nd one that's very mis-able is by the Great Fairy outside where Lord Jabu-Jabu was, and you need the silver gauntlets to remove the boulder right next to it (note* you cannot bomb this boulder, you NEED the silver gauntlets). Both of these must be retrieved as Adult Link.

Spirit Temple: note that the first 3 can be retrieved with Young Link, and the last two with Adult Link.

The only other tips I can share is that every Temple has 5 Gold Skulltulas in it, so 5 x 9 is 40 in the dungeons, and 60 in the over world.

Also, I hope you realize that the dirt hole next to the Magic Bean Guy does NOT have a gold skulltula in it.

as for dirt hole locations:
-Kakariko Graveyard
-Desert Colossus
-Gerudo Valley
-Lost Woods (there's 2 in this area)
-Kokiri Forest
-Death Mountain Crater
-Lake Hylia
-Zora's River
-Death Mountain Trail

all i can tell you is happy hunting AT NIGHT, run into any trees and blow up any holes.

Your best bet is to open a guide (or maybe even print one out) and check one-by-one for what you missed, unfortunately.

Did you check the Dungeon Map of each dungeon?

the one I know I missed was putting bugs into a bean hole. I put the bean in before it happened.

You can narrow it down by looking for the skulltula symbol, next to the map title, on all the maps (world and dungeon maps) then either search that area or look the one in that are up in a guide of faq and see which one you didn't get..

If your talking about a gold skulltula than go inside the duku tree as a kid of course brake the web by
getting on a high place and falling on it. In that room there sould be two ,one is on the vine kill it by hiting
it with your sling shot.The other one is on a cage thing kill it with your sword.You should have got them
but if you missed one you should get it there there also some at lon lon ranch at night.

Sorry if you got them to

you should look at a faq if you can't find it, I'm really not an expert on these, but break lots of rocks with the mega ton hammer and check around with the stone of agony

You should look up an faq or a video on YouTube (there are probably a couple of different video guides on how to find the skulltulas alone), but I would HIGHLY suggest looking in the obscure places before looking in obvious ones (because it'll be more likely that you missed the obscure ones).

There are even more obscure ones than beltkotar mentioned. One of them can only be obtained by climbing up a vine on the side of the giant stairs in Dodongo's Cavern before lowering them. You have to use the platform that raises to the 2nd floor in the first room and backtrack to them. Seems like a pretty ridiculous place to hide a skulltula, or anything for that matter, but it is what it is.

There are also plenty of holes you have to bomb in order to open that are randomly placed in the game. One of them that has a skulltula is a hole near a tree that's in the middle of Hyrule Castle and Kakariko Village (it's closer to Hyrule Castle's wall). Even with that information, I spent about 10 bombs trying to find it. Having a rumble pack really helps with these skulltulas because after you get a certain amount of skulltulas, one of the spider people gives you the ability to sense these holes with the rumble pack.

Hope that helped.