Is it possible to make it through the haunted wasteland (from the Spirit Temple) as young Link?

1. I keep trying to make it through, but it keeps resetting me at the beginning and taking away my health... rather frustrating

User Info: drinkcoffee

drinkcoffee - 8 years ago
    I'm not concerned about getting past gerudo valley, I can already do that with the spirit temple song. I'm concerned with getting back without having to play your ocarina and warp to another temple

User Info: drinkcoffee

drinkcoffee - 8 years ago
    What I want is to get into Gerudo's Fortress while being young link. You can't get in through the bridge because a gate is blocking it. I thought maybe you could get in by going backwards through the haunted wasteland.

User Info: drinkcoffee

drinkcoffee - 8 years ago
    what do I need the hoverboots for?

User Info: drinkcoffee

drinkcoffee - 8 years ago

1. There are a few possibilities to get into Gerudo's Fortress as a kid.

Yes, you can go backwards from the Desert Colossus; however, you don't have the poe guide on the way back. This means that you would have to know your way through the Haunted Wasteland by the mini-map or your own personal landmarks. This is difficult, and the only real way to learn how to do it is by observing some YouTube videos, as well as your own trial and error. If you did complete this task, then you will be met with the river of sand, which you must backpedal over (YouTube instructional videos exist). If you have already opened the wooden gate (from the Fortress to the Haunted Wasteland) as an adult, you can enter the Gerudo's Fortress. If you have not opened the gate yet, you will not be able to walk in.

The other way is over the gate in Gerudo's Valley. This is equally as difficult. There are currently two methods to get over the gate, one being the cucco jump, and the other being the bombchu hover. Through my own personal experiences, I find the bombchu hover is easier to perform, however they are both difficult (as usual, you should use YouTube as a resource to learn these techniques, or post another question about them). If you attempt this task, keep in mind that the guards can catch you if you don't have the Gerudo Membership Card (however if you have the card, you are safe).

User Info: NintendoBoy259

NintendoBoy259 - 8 years ago 1 0

1. Because kid link cannot equip the hover boots to get past the river even if he can use the lense of truth to get through it backwords
    (he also can't even get into garudo valley to go through it the correct way)

User Info: buggerzapper

buggerzapper - 8 years ago 0 0
  2. Where do you want to go back to, the Temple of Time? Don't you have a song for that? And that isn't what you want, then warp there anyway; it will save you a lot of time.

User Info: Linkhunter41109

Linkhunter41109 - 8 years ago 1 0
  3. And if you have no other warp song (which is not possible) then save and quit to get to your house at kokori

User Info: buggerzapper

buggerzapper - 8 years ago 0 0
  4. No you can't without the hoverboots

User Info: buggerzapper

buggerzapper - 8 years ago 0 0
  5. If you get Lens of Truth, or memorize the path, You can backwalk over the quicksand, youtube it.

User Info: Crinkzz

Crinkzz - 8 years ago 0 0
  6. Oh, didn't read your latest one, you can cucco jump the gate at the bridge. Very very hard glitch.

User Info: Crinkzz

Crinkzz - 8 years ago 0 0
  7. You would need the hoverboots to get over the river near the beginning of the desert

User Info: buggerzapper

buggerzapper - 8 years ago 0 0
  8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVs_HnJ4mJk Getting over quicksand as a child.

User Info: Crinkzz

Crinkzz - 8 years ago 0 0