Review by JayZilla2830

"The Best Game Ever? I think so."

Ah, Ocarina of Time. This probably has to be the best game ever because of it's awesomeness and it's depth.

Story: 7/10. Nothing too flashy here. The hero has to defeat the villain, and rescue the girl, and save the land. It's getting there that's the awesome part. You have to solve challenging puzzles, beat incredible bosses, and use your ocarina to sing awesome songs.

Gameplay: 10/10. You can spend literally hours on all the side quests that this game has to offer for you. Everything from getting swords to arrows and heart pieces, beating gold skulltulas and then getting your reward from the House of Skulltulas, go to shooting galleries and shoot stuff and win prizes from it, collecting Big Poes in a bottle and trading them in for points on your card and also getting the Lens of Truth from the freaky Bottom of the Well. The main gameplay consists of you collecting medallions from temples filled with murderous enemies, killer scenery, and also endless rooms for you to get lost in. I got completely lost in Jabu Jabu's Belly and was wandering around there for hours trying to figure out where the heck I was supposed to go. Also, how do some of the temples come to fruition? An example of this is the Water Temple. Where do they find rolling spikes, clams with spikes on their backs, and a blob with a mouth that tries to suck you in? It's just unreal.

Music: 9.5/10. The music is impressive from the peacefulness of the Kokiri Forest to the spookiness of The Bottom of the Well and the sudden change in music when there's an enemy nearby and also, the shrieking sound of the Redeads when they come for you.

Impact: 10/10. Now this is a category not used on other reviews but what this means is will this game stay with you long after you've beaten it? It does for me. I can imagine being on Epona riding through Hyrule Field feeling the wind rush through my hair and suddenly going to the Shadow Temple being chased by Like Likes and Wallmasters and also Redeads and then being in the city where rock got its start, Goron City, and also swimming around in the crystal-clear waters of Zora's Domain and talking to the Zoras in the water. I also remember the first time I saw a Peahat and running away nearly peeing my pants scared from that.

Final Consensus: You will definitely feel nostalgic for the good old days by playing Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and some of the enemies will leave nightmares in your head in the night. And it was an E-RATED GAME! I've played Silent Hill and that was nothing compared to this. Now, kids today will probably look at this and say "Oh it sucks, I'm not going to play it" and "Halo is much better than this" and I'll say "No it's not. In Halo, you don't get to ride a horse and slice things up with your sword or impale things with your arrows or tease chickens and watch them rain down chicken hell on you. Play the game and beat it before you say Halo is better than this"

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/05/10

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Players Choice) (US, 12/31/00)