Review by soccerfanat

"You use a hanglider, helicopter or rocket pack to fly to new heights"

Pilot Wings is one of the oldest games made. You fly in a gyrocopter, hangglider or a rocket pack through rings and then fight robots and other things as you pass each level. The graphics aren't very good and all the sound is the sound of the helicopters wings.

I rated this game a 5 because it is unique even if the graphics and sound are horrible. My favorite level is firing missiles at the giant robot meca talk. My least favorite part is to fly through the rings with the helicopter or hanglider. I think the controls should respond better because when you are about to crash into a cliff even if you veer as hard as possible to the right or left you almost always crash. One of the hardest levels is to shoot ten targets with the gyrocopter and the easiest level is to fly through the rings in the hangglider.

One of the many downsides of this game is that it is only a one player game and it would be much better if you could race against one or even three of your friends. Overall I think the bad parts of this game are the sound, the fact that the game is one player, and the graphics.

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99