Review by Mingy Jongo

"An Awesome Flight Sim!"

Pilotwings 64 is the sequel to the SNES game, Pilotwings, and it is one of my favorite games on the N64. Now on to the review:

Pilotwings 64 is a very unique game. You are a soon-to-be pilot that must pass these tests to get his lisence. You choose from three different vehicles: a hanglider, a jetpack, and a gyrocopter. The level have you passing through rings, popping balloons, navigating caves, taking pictures, and other things. Everything is smooth and nice.

Well, basically you are traneing to get your pilot's lisence, and that's about it. It is kind of original, so I'll give it credit for that.

Graphics and Sound: 9/10

The graphics are done very well, just with the occasional chip here and there, and the landscapes are awesome, and make you feel as if you are in the game. The sound effects are also done nicely, and the soft, calming music is great. I also like the effect where the character yells if you hit a wall.

Control: 8/10

Most of the controls in the game are smooth. The buttons are placed in the exact places that feel the most comfortable. The game responds as soon as you press the button or move. my only complaint is that the gyrocopter can be annoying to control as it turns very slowly.

Fun Factor: 10/10

Whether you are trying to pass a test, exploring the landscapes, or just goofing off, it is always fun. Some of the landscapes are done extremely well, such as the Little States, where you fly around a miniature version of the U.S., anywhere from the Kennedy Space Center to the Seattle Space Needle, the enviroments feel like they are real. There seems like there is always another place to explore. You can also just fly around with the bird wings, as you have no limit to fuel and can go wherever you want and take photos for the album.

Replayability: 10/10

You will always be coming back to this game for more, as there are so many secret caves and such it could last a lifetime. There are always new things to do in this game, plus the task of getting a 100 on every flight test. You can also take scenic photos, and even make a montage! I also like the fact that you can go anywhere you want! The sky's the limit!

Buy or Rent

If you can come across this game for $30 or less, buy it, as you will be playing it for a long time. If you's not sure if you'll like it or not, give it a rent first.

Conclusion

Pilotwings 64 is an overall great game, and it is worth every cent I paid for it. I hope you will enjoy it, too.

Graphics and Sound: 9/10