Review by Psycho Penguin

"Sigh.. has Nintendo really sunk THIS low?"

Introduction

When looking at the Nintendo of today, I realize that they have sunk lower and lower as the years have progressed. Since the days of the mighty NES, they had a good run with the Super Nintendo, but now the Nintendo 64 is here, and Nintendo has produced only two 5-star games (Super Smash Brothers and Mario Party 2, both best played multiplayer). Nintendo appears to have focused more on producing second rate games (Zelda) and blatant Pokemon ripoffs like this.... I mean, do we really need a photo snapping game???

Thats all you do in this game: go around taking pictures of pokemon. Where is the fun in that? The only reason why anyone loves this game probably is because there's Pokemon in it. If this was a regular photo game (without the Pokemon in it) would it have gotten a 9 or 10??? Don't think so. So read on as I expose the TRUTH behind Pokemon Snap.

Graphics (8.2/10)

Okay, the graphics are pretty good. At least Nintendo didnt screw up on the graphics. The pokemon look pretty good in 3D, and it is a welcome change from seeing them in 2D (like in Pokemon Yellow for Game Boy). Each of the Pokemon look good, and when you focus on them and take their photo the pose they were in remains on the photo. The graphics are the only good thing in this terrible game.

Character designs in the game are a mixed bag. All of the Pokemon look great and just like the Game Boy version of them, and they look even better when fully animated in 3D. Also, Ash and the doctor look pretty good, although you don't really get to see them too much in 3D. Definitely the highlights of the graphics in the game are the fact that you get to see the Pokemon in 3D, and those look pretty good. Overall, the character designs are decent.

Overall, the graphics in Pokemon Snap are great. The best part of Pokemon Snap are the graphics, especially the character designs, because the various Pokemon look great in 3D.

Music and Sound Effects (2.1/10)

What is this crap? Words cannot describe how much I hated the music in this game. It is definitely some of the worst music I have ever heard. The sound effects are not much better, as they got very annoying to listen to after a while. I really am not a fan of the music or sound effects in the game, at all.

Music in the game is very annoying. If anybody even likes this music, I want some of what they're smoking, because they have to be smoking to even think of enjoying the horribly repetitive music in the game. Every music piece in the game is terrible and sounds way too kiddy for my tastes. Overall, the music in the game really sucks.

Sound effect wise, there are a lot of sound effects in the game but most of them get annoying after a while and very repetitive. The most annoying sound effect in the game is the sound of the camera snapping picture after picture. It really gets annoying after a while. Also, I want to shoot the pokemon after hearing some of their annoying sounds, not snap pictures of them. Overall, the sound effects are very annoying.

Overall, I really hated both the music and sound effects in this crappy game. Both were very annoying and repetitive, and I did not enjoy hearing them in the least.

Gameplay/Control (0.1/10)

Never in my life have I wanted to hit myself after renting this game out. There goes a chance of me playing NBA Courtside 2. The game is not fun at all. All you do is go around taking pictures of Pokemon. Now I am a big fan
of the Pokemon games on Game Boy (especially yellow) but the idea of a photo adventure game does not exie me in the least.

I mean, whoever thought of this idea needs to be strangled. It is bad enough going around killing enemies (that gets really boring after a while, in my opinion), and it is even worse when you have to take friggin pictures of friggin pokemon. Is not that the worst idea for a video game ever or what? I swear, I do not know what these people were thinking when they made this game.

It is clearly another way to milk the Pokemon franchise to death, because there is no redeeming qualities to play this game, besides the fact that you can take pictures of Pokemon, which doesn't matter if you are over the age of 10. You can take your cartridge to Blockbuster Video and print out pictures of the Pokemon you snapped, but does it really matter?

Overall, I still have not figured out the point of this crappy game, and probably never will. The fact that the control is tedious and unforgiven does not help this crappy game out any. This was simply another way for Nintendo to make money off the Pokemon franchise, and the crappiness of the game proves this point exactly. If you like Pokemon, bad games, taking pictures, AND boring gameplay, make sure to get this game. if not, stay far away

===========================
Other Important Scores
===========================

Replay Value: on the level of eating dog poop

Sheeyah. I just spent an hour bashing this game, what else am I going to say about the replay value besides the fact that the only replay value of the game is bashing the cartridge itself, because the game inside the cartridge is plain old horrible. Overall, the replay value in the game is terrible.

Challenge: To Hell If I ever beat it

The challenge is to keep on playing this stinker. I turned it off after half an hour and starting cursing at it, which was bad because I was playing it at Blockbuster Video at the time. THe challenge was mostly reduced to snapping pictures of Pokemon. Really, how hard can it possibly be? Overall, this game has decent challenge.

GOOD POINTS
---------------

-You can play it at Blockbuster to see how horrible it is.
-The cover looks okay.
-You can see Pokemon in 3D.

BAD POINTS
-----------------

-What ISN'T a bad point about the game?
-You have to take pictures of pokemon! the hell?
-Terrible and repetive music and sound effects.

Overall (0.3/10)