Question from naruto623

What version of gameshark?

Since I've lost my transfer pack with my red/blue games I can't really do anything with my pokemon stadium so I'm using a gameshark but my problem is that my N64 won't read stadium with the gameshark but it reads all my other games and when I insert the game itself it reads it anyone know what's the problem?

Answers

YoshiBowser69 answered:

Wow what a load of help they were ^^^. I would advise blowing into the top of the game shark where you put your game and blowing into the bottom of your pokemon stadium game. If that doesn't work, do you know if the game shark even has cheats for the original pokemon stadium? (i've never used a gameshark before so i don't know how you check that). If blowing in it doens't help and the game should in fact be reading, then I am afraid I don't know what else to tell you since the game shark works with all your other games and the pokemon stadium game works on it's own just fine. Hope this was helpful.
0 0

Gunbladelad answered:

I think the main problem here is that to work with some games, the gameshark needs to use a "Key code" to allow it to work correctly with Stadium. There should be an option near the bottom of the main menu that allows you to change the Key Code.

However, most cheat cartridges will then refuse to work until a game compatable with that keycode is inserted.

Unfortunately, I don't recall which keycode is needed for Stadium. For some reason the Diddy Kong Racing one comes to mind, but I'd recommend you ask on the Pokemon Stadium board to make sure.
1 0

superkidra answered:

Just to clear the air use the game shark with a game that works go to key codes press down until you see the key code that starts with diddy press a select yes an turn power off attach pokemon stadium and that should work. :3
0 0