Review by Psycho Penguin

"Man I wanted to give this game a 1/10 so badly...."

Well what do we have here? Another Pokemon game by Nintendo? Jesus Christ, Nintendo, how many Pokemon games do we need? I admit I like Yellow, but still, enough is enough. So when the game came out, I meagerly rented it out, just so I can review it and give it a 1/10. But when I went home and played it, I noticed something. It is actually pretty good! Much better than what I expected. And Im not a person to be all biased against a game, so Im giving it the score I think it deserves: a 7. Yes, a 7. Why? Well, I actually liked the game. It has a lot in common with the Game Boy games. Well actually it's a lot like the Game Boy game, but its in 3D instead of 2D. Its kinda different too because you battle Pokemon in a stadium, hence the name of the game. Ill cut to the chase: this game is much different than what I expected. Instead of releasing a half baked game to cash in on the Pokemon craze (*cough*Snap*cough*), they actually released a good pokemon game. Gotta give the devil its due.

Graphics (9.2/10): It really is cool to see all your little favorite Pokemon in 3D. The stadium effects are great, the pokemon look good, everything looks good. Overall great graphics, game looks better all around than Snap.

Music/Sound (4.3/10): I will say this, the music and sound effects are great, except for one glaring flaw: the annoying commentator. Never in my life have I wanted to kill someone more than I wanted to kill the commentator in the game. He really is annoying. Otherwise the music and sound effects are good.

Gameplay/Control (7.2/10): Well, its a Pokemon battle game. You choose a pokemon and fight another pokemon while executing commands, almost like a turn based RPG. It really is much better than what I expected.

Replay Value: Medium
Challenge: Medium

Overall (6.9/10): Damn it I wanted this game to suck, too bad it didn't....

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 03/20/00, Updated 07/16/01