Question from Beavisdude27

How do I beat Star Wolf 3?

I have fought these ****ers twice now and I can't seem to be them, even when employing basic dogfighting tactics against them. Think you can help me out here?

maiorano84 answered:

Actually, it's FAR better to skip the cutscene, let yourself fly until you're almost in the center, and then turn around immediately and aim up high. If done correctly, you'll get a clear shot at all four pilots and can potentially take out 2 or even 3 of them at once.

Keep an eye on your radar, as they like to get behind your teammates, so make sure to protect them. If any of them get behind you, SOMERSAULT (pull back on the stick and press C-Left) and turn sharp to follow them when they try and evade you (hold R or Z to make a sharp Right or Left).

Their ships ARE more agile than before, but they have a very predictable pattern and can be defeated easily once you figure out how to exploit every little opening they give you. Though difficult, it is possible to stay behind any one of them at all times.

Practice practice practice.
4 2

Answers

scorpion9199 answered:

Well, Wolf is the hardest to take out because he follows you. To take the other 3, fly away from the center of the area, and pull a u-turn when you see a teammate going into the middle and get on their tail. It may take a few tries per member, but you can get them this way. Oh, and if Wolf starts to mess with you, you can always somersault, but you'll only hit him with a shot or two because his ship's way more agile than before.
0 1

OmnigearsX answered:

^ or shoot the other three while evading wolf (I've done that before) then take out wolf.
1 1

TTF answered:

If you mean the fight on Venom, during the opening cutscene, DO NOT skip it. Let it play out when Wolf appears, and when the cutscene is over, Wolf will be directly in front of you, allowing for a few cheap hits before he veers off. And it's best to have twin blue lasers for this fight.
0 2

sabmirz answered:

The last time you face them DONT CHARGE YOUR LAZER!! to get them you must tap A very quickly. to get wolf after you somersault use Z or R to boost depending on where he goes.
0 1

xcalibur8x8x8 answered:

When it says help save them then you hold L when you go left or R to go right faster to hit wolf a couple hits........................................And thanx for good comments
0 2

zero2exe answered:

another strategy is to skip the first cutscene. then use the boost asap while turning a bit to the left. by the time the boost bars refills the wolf cutscene should begin. SKIP IT ASAP!, then make an u-turn (they should be appearing from the lower right side of the map) you should be able to see them on your screen before they actually enter the radar, aim for them and instead of shooting your lasers, FIRE A BOMB! I'm not kidding, just don't lock on any of them before firing it. since the star wolf team stays together for a while, if done correctly the bomb should explode (with you pressing the B button again after firing it) on the whole squad taking away around half of their life meters. that should make the battle a lot easier.
**remember to wait until they actually appear in the radar though ;)
0 2

Is there any way to purchase Star Fox 64 for Wii? Answered makaluki
How do I beat Andross? Answered Link457
How do I beat an enemy on my tail? Answered izakazi
Is My High-Score Even Possible? Answered CanadianLPs
Andross Brain? Answered Gabriel6302