Review by LinkGanonSlayer

"Do a Barrel Roll!"

Star Fox 64 has always been one of my favorite games, and because of the Wii's Virtual Console, I'm playing it as much as I did when it was released.

Star Fox 64 is an on-rails aircraft shooter game, with levels ranging from a fiery sun to a planet riddled with toxic waste. You play as Fox McCloud, leader of the mercenary unit Star Fox, and must travel from planet to planet defeating enemies from the planet Venom, to defeat Andross and end a war. The other 3 members of your crew are Peppy Hare, Falco Lombardi, and Slippy Toad.

Most of the time, you're in an "Arwing", but for some of the stages, you'll pilot a tank and a submarine. The flying stages are more fun, in my opinion, but they're all fun to play. The more enemies you shoot down, the more points you get, and the higher score you achieve at the end of the game.

After the first planet, you'll either take the hard path or the easy path, depending on how you played the stage. "Mission Accomplished" takes you on the hard path, and "Mission Complete" sends you down the easy road. Each of the game's 15 levels are a blast to go through, even after playing for a long time. Speaking of that, the real magic of this game is its incredible replayability. While it only takes an hour or so to complete, you'll probably play it over and over until you've gotten all of the medals in both normal and expert modes, then you'll play some more. This game is really never ending, because you can always improve your score. And you'll want to. But you can't save mid game, so you'll have to either turn the game off or pause it and leave if you have to quit.

The music in each of the areas fits almost perfectly, and is enjoyable even today. The sound effects and voice acting are well done, and you'll find yourself repeating most of the spoken lines in the game, really. >_>

Gameplay- 10
Sound- 8
Story- 8
Replayability- 10

Final Rating- 9

A great game for only 1000 Wii Points. It's really worth the buy, and I think that everyone with a Wii connected to the internet should try Star Fox 64.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 04/06/07