Review by xmunamaniacx

"So this is Star Fox?"

I just need to say before I continue that this is in my top 5. I have spent hours and hours attatched to my N64, and just now Wii playing this game. This is a must buy.

Graphics:10
These are the best graphics from any 1997 videogame. This took full advantage of the Nintendo 64. These graphics can't beat Gears of War, but can come alarmingly close. Ten years later I still see videogames coming out with worse graphics then Star Fox 64. These graphics are truly amazing. I just took a break from my six hour Starfox marathon and played a little Twilight Princess. I was preaparing my self to see a huge difference in the quality, but no. The graphics in this are similar to Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Sound:10
Star Fox 64 raised the bar in the sound department. It has brilliant voice acting. Today most games have bad voice acting, but I can safely say that this is by far the best voice acting I have ever seen in a videogame. From the laser charges to the soon to be dead boss's yells, this has great sound.

Gameplay:10
This is the heart of Star Fox 64. The gameplay makes the game. Star Fox 64 is an arcade style game. You play through it all at once and go for high scores. There are only seven levels, but more than twice as many planets. You go on a different path dependin on what requierments you reach on the previous level. It appeals to all audiences.

Replay Value: 10
I am giving this a 10, but it truly deserves a 20. Star Fox 64 has the highest replay value of any game ever. I am serious. If you play through it once, it may seem boring, but then you start to notice things like, "Hey, look at that planet that I haven't been to." You will be hooked on this for weeks at a time. Once you beat every planet, you can try to get medals. After you get every medal, which is a very hard task, you unlock expert mode where you do it all over again.

Rent or buy?
It took me about a tenth of a second to come up with a very simple conclusion. That conclusion is Buy. If you don't just know that you have missed out on what is possibly one of the best videogames of all time.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/16/07