Review by linkfan911

"You'll Never Defeat Andross!!!!!!"

Back in the day I used to play Star Fox 64 all the time, but sadly, my N64 broke a couple of years ago, but I got over the loss and bought myself a Wii. Imagine my surprise when I discovered Star Fox on the Virtual Console! I was so happy and bought it right away, and in this review you will find out the legend that is Star Fox 64.

Story 9/10
You are Fox McCloud, leader of Star Fox, a team of skilled pilots consisting of Slippy, Falco, Peppy, and Fox. The objective of the game is to stop Andross from destroying the Lylat System, which is the galaxy you live in. Star Wolf, which are Andross' cronies, try to stop you from reaching him.The pilots in that group are Wolf, Leon, Pigma, and Andrew. The story is very fun, but the game shines in other areas too.

Gameplay 10/10
This is the aspect of the game that made it the gem that it is. You are in a plane, (There are also two other things you could go into, but I'm not going to spoil them) and travel through different planets in the Lylat System. Each planet has different scenery, and is pretty much a straight path in which you can move up, down, left, and right. There are various enemies in each level which you can shoot with your laser (press a), charge up the laser( hold a), or use a smart bomb which destroys a large area of enemies (press b), but use bombs wisely! You only start with three, but can collect more. You may also lock-on, do an amazing barrel roll, and when in all range mode, (boss mode) you can somersault and turn around in the air. These moves are explained in the game. Also, in different parts of the level your co-pilots will speak to you, which is awesome! There are secret paths which let you go to different planets, and in the end there is an easy last boss and a hard one. Depending on which path you took, it could be either. The gameplay in this game was, and is, one of a kind.

Graphics 8/10
The graphics in this game were pretty good for it's time. I can tell you that the scenery is beautiful, but when your co-pilots speak to you, they look a little blocky. The boss' look great though. The sound is very clear, and I think the voice-acting is just right. I'm not going to really go any further on this subject, but the graphics are solid.

Replayability 10/10
The replay value of this game is endless. As I said before, there are multiple paths and secrets which will keep you busy for days! Also, Star Fox is verrrry addicting, so be prepared! Honestly, I played this game through about 100 times, and I still play it.

Final Score 9/10
Star Fox 64 is a great game and should be bought right away. If it were up to me this game would be 2000 Wii points, and it's definitely worth the 1000. I can't stress enough that you should BUY THIS GAME! And remember, Do a Barrel Roll!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/06/08

Game Release: Star Fox 64 (US, 04/02/07)