Review by drakkar24

"One Great Game..."

I have just beaten this game and have decided to make review on this great game.

Storyline 8/10: The storyline wasn't anything special, you (Fox) and your team, Falco, Slippy, and Peppy, have to defeat Andross, the evil monkey. This may sound like a very kiddish game, It's not, trust me.

Soundtracks 8/10: They were alright, again nothing special.

Sound Effects 10/10: These were fantastic! Especially the talking during the game with your crew! They had the perfect voices! I recently played a demo of Starfox 64 3D at a game store, and they had changed the voices!!! If you have an N64 and a 3DS, and don't have Starfox 64 or Starfox 64 3D, get the one for N64! It's not the same! I also loved the little music it plays after you beat the level, you feel so proud!

Controls 10/10: Perfect! So easy to learn, especially when Peppy is telling you to do a barrel roll the whole game ;).

Powerups and items 9/10: The basics of a video game, there are silver rings, gold rings, silver star rings, laser upgrades, and bombs. Silver rings put your health up a little bit. Silver star rings put up your health more than silver rings. Gold rings put up your health and if you get three, your maximum health is increased. There are three lasers, level 1, single shooter, level 2, double shooter, level 3, faster double shooter, you start with level 1, if you get a laser upgrade item, you have a level 2 laser, if you get another, you have a level 3, pretty simple.

Gameplay 10/10: Perfect! There is nothing I love more, than shooting spaceships out of the sky, talking to my teamates (except Slippy ;) )! And you have to love it when you beat the boss at the end of the level, you feel so good! There is such a variety of stages, like the first level you're pretty much on Earth, and the next thing you know you're in an asteroid field. I think my favorite was this one level where you're flying above all of this lava and you get hurt as you fly, so you need to get lots of silver rings or gold rings to survive.

Replay Value 10/10: You will want to keep playing this game over and over again! The game is very short overall though. There are three different paths overall I think, I've gone through two so far. I am still to go through the third!

I would highly encourage you to get this game, it is so much fun!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/28/12

Game Release: Star Fox 64 (US, 07/01/97)