Review by A B C

"A nice, well balanced game"

Well this is a pretty old game for the Nintendo 64, but I think it is one of the best. I bought this game after getting a Sony Playstation2, but this game is better than some of the games I own. The graphics are amazing, the sound's awesome, and the game play is just wonderful.

Now you know that lots of games have a story line or two, but this game doesn't have much of a story line. You just start the game off in a city, fly your jet around, then move your way from level to level until you get to the end. That's about it. But who cares if there's no story line right? This game is good enough without one.

How good is the game play you ask? Well the answer is quite simple. The game play is just wonderful. This isn't just a beat a level to get to the next kind of game. Most levels have two different paths when you beat it, with one being harder than the other. You have to love that. If you beat the game once with one path, then you can beat it again but with the other path. Cool, huh? That means more flying around, more shooting, and more destroying.

Some levels are pretty hard, so this game is also challenging. Sure the beginning is pretty simple. But when you get further and further, you won't be saying this is easy.

Don't you love it when there's a boss fight at the end of every level? What? You don't? Well too bad because this game has a boss fight after every single level. But don't worry; most of them are easy.

Personally, I love a good tutorial. It teaches me how to do everything. Hey guess what? There's a tutorial in this game too! There's a training mode that teaches you how to spin, fire, move, etc. A good tutorial goes a long way I always say.

Every good game definitely needs good graphics right? If you start a game and the graphics are choppy and dull, then you don't want to play anymore. Well this game is just fine. Everything is really good. If you fly over water, then there's a reflection. Lasers? Very colorful. This game definitely has awesome graphics.

The sound is also really good. You can listen to the characters communicating and giving orders. You can hear your jet crashing when you hit something. There's not much I can say about sound because everything is really good. Nothing is choppy, nothing is too loud, just perfect.

Every good game has to be pretty long, but not too long right? Being too short would just be bad and being too long would get boring. Well this game has the perfect length. It's not too short, but doesn't take a million hours to complete. And if you beat it once, you can replay it again! You can try and get a better score or do things you didn't do before.

Now for the final thing. Is renting this game better? Or should I spend my hard-earned cash to buy it? Or maybe avoid it at all cost. Well I believe you should go out and buy this game. Sure this game is old, but it's still a really good game to have.

Overall:

Story: No Story
Game Play: 10