Review by bobobo_iz_best

"Mario's 64? oh, i get it, it's for the N64. Title is the only problem (kidding :P)"

It's-a me, Mario!

If you don't know those words, you can go to gaming hell. Super Mario 64 made Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time look like a game that can't stand up on its own 2 feet. Or, case, or whatever... anyway. I'd have to say the best thing about this game, tied with replay value and gameplay is:

Exploring: 20/10

I know I went ovr the limit, but exploring the realms here is amazing. From the gigantic Bob-omb Battlefield to the 4-floored Princess Peach's Castle to finding Bowser to racing to the chest underwater to (i could to this all day!) the... you all get it, right? The only failure in the entre game is:

Gameplay. JK LOL

Wow. This gameplay is almost perfect. Damn controls. The gameplay itself is good. From running up a hillslide to long-jumping off the tall, tall, mountain to doing a 3-punch combo to whirling Bowser back and forth in circles, the gameplay possibilities are endless. Almost. All gameplay has at least 1 flaw. What's Mario 64's, fans are asking with pitchknives and torches? Controls. Excellent, as I'd wish I could say. You'll see some flaws in the controls. You'll be running p Bob-omb Battlefield ad suddenly stop, but Mario won't. You can die easily from some bad controls. To prevent this, don't take uber risks! But, I have to say, another great part of this game is:

Bob-omb Battlefield

Wow, my favorite level in the game. Huge, simple, easy, fun, enjoyable, and makes controls look great.

I can't get over this music. Frm Princess Peach's Castle to Bob-omb Battlefield to the Castle in the Sky to the music when you get a star to when Mario makes grunts to when ario dies to when I die from doing this too much. I ca't help it, really. I just love this game. I said the flaw, and now it's time for the last perfect thing of the game: you guessed it:

Replay Value: 10/10

I won't say anything but this: if you like challenging things, replay value exceeds the charts!

This game contributed to the original smash bros 64 and melee, too. Melee- Princess Peach's Castle, Rainbow Cruise, and, N64 Princess Peach's Castle (Whomp's Fortress. XP)

Unbelievable. Mario isn't 64? Wow. XP But Mario 64 makes Mario sound like he's in puberty. Sometimes he sounds deeper than Bowser and sometimes higher than Toad.

If there was a game to get, one would be SM64. Why? Read the review. -_-

So long! My next review will be:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (WII)

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/12/07

Game Release: Super Mario 64 (US, 09/26/96)