Review by Andy M.

"A game worth playing!!!"

I would recommend this game. It is very fun and entertaining, but challenging. It took me six months to beat the game, and I didn't use any guides.

In this game, Bowser has trapped the princess. The story takes place in the Princess's castle. Mario must obtain Power Stars to free the princess. There are many enemies that must be defeated. You must beat Bowser a few times and then beat him a last time to free the princess. There is a total of one hundred and twenty Power Stars. There are many different levels, fifteen in all. There is a certain objective in each level and if you complete what you are supposed to do, you will get a star. You can also get stars in levels by collecting one hundred coins. You can also find stars around the castle that are not in the levels. There really are no weapons you can use in this game. By finding a certain amount of stars, you advance to more levels.

The graphics for this game are great. There are two different kinds of camera views, and you can see first person also. One setback is that sometimes you cannot change the camera view. In one level I was having a little trouble because of the camera view. The sound is good too. There is background music and Mario can say some things.

You might want to play this game again after you have beaten it and collected all one hundred and twenty stars. I played it a few times after I got all of the stars. I was so happy when I finally got all of the stars because that was the only game that I was playing for six months.

I would buy it and not rent it because it takes a while to beat. If you rent the game, it's a waste of money because you will probably only beat like three levels, probably less. This game is one of the best games that I have.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 01/13/01