Review by Counteray

"Not as good as goldeneye, but good nonetheless"

When I first got my N64, this was one of the first games I got with it, along with diddy kong racing. I enjoyed this game a lot, it seemed hard, but it was fun.

STORY:6
The story blows period. Your a guy trapped in another world, and he must fight his was through it. So once again this game is left without a story, or not much of one, pulling the trigger is what this game is all about.

GRAPHICS:8
Turok has nice graphics, and well designed environments. The jungle is made nicely, the dinosaurs are also done nicely, the blood effects are done nicely, the character design is a little blocky, but also done nicely. Turok did a good job in the graphic department.

GAMEPLAY:9
The game plays well, you basically find keys from every level, once you found all of the keys, you face the final guy, the ending is terrible let me tell you that much, if your going to play this game, play for its style, not to beat it. As far as controls go, they aren't troublesome at all, they were done nicely, but jumping from platform to platform in first person mode is a pretty hard task.

ENTERTAINMENT:8
I only wish they had multi player in this game. It would've been so cool to blow your friends up with a quad rocket launcher, and such. The weapons in this game are the best part of it. From shotguns to rocket launchers, to alien guns, this game triumphs in the weapons department, this is a well put together first person shooter, and I highly recommend you either buy it or rent it.

OVERALL:8
Like I mention earlier this was the first game I got for my N64 and I don't regret it one bit, I still have as of right now, its dusty and all, but I kept it all this time, I never traded it in. This game isn't as good as goldeneye, goldeneye is much more realistic, (which sounds stupid because its a video game but its true) you get your guns from people you shoot down. In Turok you just find this stuff lying around, but even with this aspect in mind, I think you'll agree with me on Turok being a well put together first person shooter. And I highly recommend you get your hands on it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 07/23/02, Updated 11/11/02