Review by andrew10388

"Not a hard game in any way"

Let me start off by saying that I beat this game within the first 3 hours that I got it, and I was only 10 or something and I wasn't that good at video games. I thought that this game was just way to easy, if you were a 5 year old you could probably beat this game within 10 hours. My reviews usually still get high numbers if they are ok game, like a 7 of 8, but this is the easiest game for Nintendo 64. Read on my review to see why I gave Yoshi's Story for the Nintendo 64, a pathetic 5 out of 10.

Sound/ 5/10
The sound on this game was below average to me, the sounds that were in this game were sounds that I would have expected to hear on the Super Nintendo. I think that they could have done a lot better on the sound, making the sound on this game a little better would probably make it more fun for the people who are playing it. Of course you have the Yoshi moaning sound when he jumps, and some nice back round music and sound when you lick stuff up, but the sound wasn't doing anything for me. That is why I gave the sound a 5 out of 10.

Graphics/ 7/10
Again, nothing to spectacular on the graphics, but I thought that the graphics were a little too cartoony, but I think that that is how thy wanted it to be, being that you can beat the game in less than an hour, and I think that this game was made for little kids who are just getting started in video games. I know that the graphics do not make a game, but the graphics in this game were probably the best thing about it, and it only got a 7, that shows what kind of game this is. That is why I gave the graphics a 7 out of 10.

Game play/ 6/10
The game play in this game was just simply to easy, I mean you could start from level one, having never played this game before and beat it within an hour, now that is one of the main reasons why I gave this game such a bad rating. Although this game is pretty fun, after you beat it, there is nothing else to do unless you just want to start back from level 1 and beat it all over again, which gets a little boring after awhile. There were only 6 levels in this game, and they were not difficult at all. One thing that I liked was that when you died you would go get to pick out a different color Yoshi, but they all do the same, except for the black and white ones, they have special abilities and that would be the only reason to play through this game again, to try and find the white and black Yoshis, which are not that hard to find. That is why I gave the game play a 6 out of 10.

Replay value/ 1/10
The only reason that I could see you playing this game again is that you are really bored and Yoshi's Story is the only game that you have, or that you want to find the white and black Yoshis, which you will probably find your first time through this game. That is why I gave the replay value a 1 out of 10.

My final thoughts on this game are that this game is not a difficult game in any ways. The most difficult thing was to try and find the white and black Yoshis, which isn't that hard to do. So if you want a game that you can beat in under an hour and isn't that fun at all unless you are under the age of 9, then get Yoshi's Story, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 03/03/03, Updated 03/03/03