Review by LegendaryFrog

"It's just dosn't live up to Yoshi's Island..."

With a great game like Yoshi's Island for the SNES, you would think a N64 sequel will have everything, and then some. Well, your half right. On the one hand, Yoshi's Story is a sequel. On the other hand, it's not as good.

(In honor of the cuteness of Yoshi's Story, this review will be plagued with happy faces.)

:-) GRAPHICS -The pretty, moving things- (-:
*8/10*

Nintendo's only 2D platformer on the N64. Graphics look very pretty, but they don't have the same coloring book charm as in Yoshi's Island. Nothing real special, but it looks VERY good....

Ok...I don't mind cute games, but Yoshi's Story was a little too cute. Sure, the Yoshis are babies, so cute graphics seem right, but it's the cute cute, not the cartoon cute.
:-) GAMEPLAY and DESIGN -How to make Yoshi Super-Happy- (-:
*7/10*

Really, nothing changed from Island to Story, except that baby Mario is gone. The Yoshis can swallow enemies with their tongue and turn them into eggs. Yoshi then can aim the eggs and throw them with the R button.

To beat the level, Yoshi must eat 30 pieces of fruit. And thats it. The levels NEVER end! And the worst part is, fruit is everywhere! Ugh.... There are 30 melons in each level. Eat all 30 in each level and your cool. Each game had 6 levels, and takes about a half-hour to play. There are 24 levels total. You choose what level you go to next, depending how many hearts you have. First off, 24 levels? Yoshi's Story had 8 worlds, with 8 or 10 levels each, plus two bosses each! I know this game was designed for little kids, but come on....

:-) SOUND -Happy tunes- (-:
*8/10*

Sounds and music are crisp and clear, and sound very nice. Yoshi talks in a cute baby voice. (The good cute) Start the game and you'll hear him said ''Nintendo'' in a voice so cute you go ''awwwwww....''

Ok, the music. I was expecting descent music. Well, I got better what I thought, but with one major problem. THEY PLAY THE SAME MUSIC IN EVERY LEVEL, they just remix it. Now Yoshi's Island lacked music too, but that least it was good. Not to say the music is bad, it's just...I don't know. Every want to heard a Yashi Rap? You'll get your chance in Yoshi's Story. (''Talk to me, Talk to me, YOSHI!.....Yoshi!'')

:-) STORY -Once apon a time...- (-:
*5/10*

That meanie baby Bowser stole the Yoshi's Super Happy Tree! God's speed, little Yoshis!

:-) REPLAY VALUE -Can I play Nintendo some more, Mommy?- (-:
*5/10*

The game is loads of fun, but it just lacks the things for the older gamer to come back for more. You could find all the melons, but why?

:-) GRIPES -If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all- (-:

I can't say anything bad about this game, because it was made for kids. The game is fun, but it's for kids.

:-) OVERALL -It's over already? (-:
*7/10*

This is a kids game. If it was longer, it would have been more, but sadly, it wasn't. Rent it, you'll have a good time. If you have little kids in the house, you can play it while their asleep.

:-) review by Mortis (-:
(Which means death in Latin, ironically)

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/16/00, Updated 11/09/02