Review by StoneMonkey

"Short And Sweet..."

Introduction
You probably know Spider-man. He's the guy that's in a lot of comic books. He's the one with the web, spidey senses, strength, the ability to stick to things. Yeah, that's him!
In this review I will tell you about the game Spider-man for Nintendo 64. This is my first review so I hope it will help you decide whether to buy the game or not.

Gameplay 8/10
The game is awesome! It is so much fun and the controls are easy to learn. You will be punching, kicking and webbing people in minutes. There are also a few moves Spider-man didn't have in the comic books like the web dome. The problem is how easy the game is. I beat it in less than 24 hours(with stopping, eating, and sleeping). You'll have fun beating the crap out of the enemies, but they are very easy. A lot of the bosses, which I will not name for all of you who are trying to decide to buy it or not, are very easy. Some of them take about a minute. That's why I am giving gameplay 8/10.

Story 10/10
The story could be the best story I have ever heard for a video game. A person dressed up as Spider-man tries to steal a thing from the Dr.Otto Ock (Doctor Octopus) with a whole crowd watching. Now the police and everyone is after Spider-man. There are other things to the story to. You will have to fight a few familiar villains. Of course, save some people. This story was awesome! That is why I decided to give it 10/10.

Graphics 9/10
The graphics are quite good. The worst part would be in the city theres fog at the bottom of the building. I would have given it 10/10 if they actually put the street, some cars, or at least the bottom of the buildings. I think it would be cooler to see Spider-man falling to the street below him than into some fog. The people are quite good. Some of them look pretty ugly, but that was done on purpose. The buildings are pretty good especially on the rooftops where you will find many things including people, web cartridges, or health.

Audio 10/10
The audio are great. You can hear bullets soaring through the air. You can hear the sound of Spider-man punching an enemy. You can hear web coming out of the web cartridge. When you throw someone of a building you will hear them screaming as they fall. You also will hear Spidey talking to himself and the enemy. He will also make jokes while fighting like in the comic books. The audio is very important to a game and they did it well. That is why it gets 10/10.

Replay ability 6/10
Here is the downfall. The replay ability isn't that good. When you beat it you can choose a higher level of difficulty. Other than that there is training mode. Training mode you will be able to choose from four(4) kinds of training. Survival Training you get to see how long you can survive. Time Attack you will get to see how many enemies you can kill in either 60 seconds or 120 seconds. Speed Training you get to test how good you are at swinging around the city. Item Collection you get to see how fast you can collect items or if you can get items without touching the floor. The other categories make up for replay ability. I will have to give it 6/10.

Buy or Rent?
I would say buy. Most likely you would like it. If you want to test it out first to be on the safe side rent, it first.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/24/01, Updated 11/24/01