Review by Blaze gamer

"Ok lets first wrap him in web, then fling him, then....."

Well spidey fans this is it? The best superhero game for 64. I played through many levels of web slinging action and now ready to review it. Is this really the best superhero game for 64, will it turn to be a 64 classic, has marvel finally got something right on 64, how licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop. All questions will be answered in this review. (Yes even the dang tootsie pop one)

Gameplay-10: Amazing, they jammed the game with many thugs, gangsters, and villains’ spidey fights in his comics. They put almost every move possible he can do including hit combos, web attacks, super kicks, even a sniper mode in which you can web guys from far distances. In my opinion not only is this best superhero game, but also the best fighting game. It has a ton of stuff to offer. Such as practice mode in which can train spidey in virtual reality rooms where you see how long you can last. I had fun playing the training modes more than the actual story. You can unlock spidey costumes, each with a unique power and ability. You can also unlock classic comic books and slide shows. The game also impute a character viewer in which you can find information on many of marvels heroes and villains such as daredevil, the punisher, Dr. Ock, and much more. Without a doubt the game play is awesome.

Control-10: Easy to learn. At first it’s hard to get your web attacks, but after a while you become a pro and you impress your friends with awesome attacks.

Sound-10: This is what makes the game. Some of the best music in a game I've ever heard. You also get to listen to spider-man smart remarks as he flings people into concrete walls. The sound is top-notch.

Replay-10: Everything is un lockable. Theirs so much to do. I still haven't beaten the game on hard and I have had it for a good 4 months now! (Most games I beat the day I get them)

The Answers: Spider-man is the way to good if you’re looking for a superhero game, or just a plain beat-em up. So may other hero games failed on the 64. Just look at superman 64 and batman beyond. They were horrible. You can get it for about 20 bucks used. So go out a get it. (If it matters it took me 10 licks on the tootsie pop then I had to bite it...better than the owl!)

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/09/03, Updated 03/09/03